Author Topic: Photobucket - picture posting procedures.  (Read 11144 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
Photobucket - picture posting procedures.
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:37:05 »
As Photobucket which is free have changed things a little recently the updated  procedures are as below. You'll also probably find it much easier and quicker to print this out as a permanent reference straightaway.

1. If you haven't got one already best to open a free Photobucket account which I think most people on here already have (?), however the choice is yours.

http://photobucket.com/register/?link=topmenu

2. When you've signed up, next click on topmost "Browse" panel to the right of the screen. Find your way into your personal file containing the pic(s) you want to upload to the Forum. As you will see from the clickable blue label you can upload as many as you want, but they must be compatible - jpg or similar.
   3. Click on the pic(s) you want, then "Open" and each one will be sent to your new Photobucket file.
   4. When finished click "Upload".
   5. Enter the titles and info. description if needed into the empty boxes. Or click on "Skip this step now"
   6. Scroll down a bit and you'll see your pic(s). possibly with a yellow panel on the right explaining what's what.
   7. Along the top line above your pic(s) you'll see a bar saying "move | tag | edit | share | delete". Edit is probably the only one you'll ever need because often the pics are too big and need reducing in size. So click on "Edit". Then when open go to the top bar and click on the small blue arrow beside the word "Re-size". A drop down panel will then appear with several choices. "Message Board" size is probably the best but it's up to you. However if you accidentally do get it too small, from memory you have to go through the whole procedure above again as it won't (or didn't) allow you to increase it back to its original size.
   8. Below the pics you'll see 4 columns: Email & IM | Direct Link | HTML Code | IMG Code. "IMG" is the only one you'll need for the ACOC Forum. Copy and paste the code that's in the yellow adjacent box and paste it - EXACTLY WITH NOTHING MISSING ! - wherever you want into the text of your Forum message. However if you miss anything, even a full stop, no pic will appear at all just the incorrect code itself, so delete it completely and do again.
   9. The pic(s) will then appear when you click on Preview and in the final posted message. You can also Preview as often as you want.
   10. The rest of Photobucket is largely self-explanatory. However I've personally now got so many pics - 250 plus at the last count - that I find it's much safer to pay about £10 or so annually (no ads), otherwise again from memory if there's no activity on your account for about 6 months, everything gets deleted and the dreaded red crosses will appear permanently in their place. So best obviously always to check for yourself well beforehand.

Here endeth…..I hope !! [;)]

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 13:21:15 »
Hi Classicus,
   Thanks,  good clear instructions, much appreciated. You wouldn't also have written a user guide for my DVD player by any chance would you?[:D]
   Cheers - John.

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 16:54:48 »
Pleasure. 'Fraid I can't help you though with DVD manuals or anything horribly mechanical, (especially engines and computers !) as even now I can still get problems changing a fuse !

Paul [:I]