Author Topic: THE SUSSEX GT at GOODWOOD  (Read 5944 times)

kaiserbilly1

• View Profile
THE SUSSEX GT at GOODWOOD
« on: October 23, 2013, 21:22:15 »
The Sussex GT will take place at Goodwood on 11th & 12th May 2014.
   It's open to GT40's, Mustangs, Tigers & Cobras.
   See this link for current details.

http://www.classic-car-tours.com/#/sussex-gt-at-goodwood/4579610495

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 21:31:04 »
And this event is for GRRC Members only, which has a two year waiting list to join , at a cost of £160,00 a year . I think I will stick with going to the Masters Series at Brands Hatch in May for £27.00 for three days racing which will feature the sane type of cars that will be at this event .

kaiserbilly1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 22:34:45 »
Hi Aaron
   This event IS NOT a GRRC event.
   It is open to anyone that owns a Cobra, Tiger, Mustang or GT40.
   It's a 2 day event starting from The Goodwood Hotel with a 120 mile scenic rally & gala dinner on Sunday 11th May and then a track day at Goodwood Motor Circuit on Monday 12th May.
   Full details will follow in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
   Hope to see you there.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 23:24:50 »
Oh YEEAAHHH!!!! If the Cobra Drivers Club Rest And Be Thankful event was anything to go by, this will be INCREDIBLE!!!
   Assuming a lowly Greyhound might be allowed to attend ([;)]), I think you can pencil Dad & Myself IN. [:D]

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 20:40:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by kaiserbilly1

Hi Aaron
   This event IS NOT a GRRC event.
   It is open to anyone that owns a Cobra, Tiger, Mustang or GT40.
   It's a 2 day event starting from The Goodwood Hotel with a 120 mile scenic rally & gala dinner on Sunday 11th May and then a track day at Goodwood Motor Circuit on Monday 12th May.
   Full details will follow in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
   Hope to see you there.

Oh yes, sorry wrong event, I was thinking of the two day event in March, which is for GRRC Members.

bobbylangley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 11:00:17 »
You'll need it to be a 105dB day (other one is a 98dB) and that's pretty low for a Cobra, there isn't a silencer operation on site like Csstle Combe if you are too loud for the track day. Sounds like a good idea!

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 13:53:45 »
I have a pair of trackday silencers -they slip over 2 1/4" od pipe.

pm me if anyone is interested.

Graham

philriley427

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 15:06:21 »
It's only just being launched, but I've already registered an interest to take part in this event.

I believe it is a 105db day.

I recently took part in The Cobra Drivers Club event in Scotland (by taking part, I'm now a member), which included runs up 'The Rest And Be Thankful' hillclimb course – It was simply brilliant! I just can't wait to see what's in store at the Goodwood event :D

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 23:46:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by philriley427

It's only just being launched, but I've already registered an interest to take part in this event.

I believe it is a 105db day.

I recently took part in The Cobra Drivers Club event in Scotland (by taking part, I'm now a member), which included runs up 'The Rest And Be Thankful' hillclimb course – It was simply brilliant! I just can't wait to see what's in store at the Goodwood event :D

Phil, yes you will be restricted to 105 decibels at the circuit, but did you say that the cars will be run up the hill at Goodwood House too ?

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 11:24:51 »
From the SUSSEX GT at GOODWOOD website:

Drive the "Festival of Speed" hillclimb course, tour the Sussex Downs, meet the 'Cobra Legends' at the gala dinner & experience the thrilling Goodwood Motor Circuit in this exclusive, 2 day spectacular!
   The event is open to all owners of, original and recreation, Cobra 260, 289, 427 & Daytona, Sunbeam Tiger 260, 289 & Le Mans, Mustang 289, 350, 390 & 500, all models of the GT40 and Ford GT.

[/center]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 11:15:05 »
According to the SUSSEX GT website, Jack Sears, Sir John Whitmore and Robin Tojeiro are confirmed as VIP guests, and of particular interest to me, 39PH will be participating!
   Dad & I managed to miss Jack Sears driving Sir Paul Vestey on the parade lap of the Revival Shelby Cup as we were in the holding paddock at the time, and Goodwood closed just before Dad got the Cobra, so we can`t wait!

philriley427

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 15:38:27 »
I'm booked in!  :)

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 18:49:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

According to the SUSSEX GT website, Jack Sears, Sir John Whitmore and Robin Tojeiro are confirmed as VIP guests, and of particular interest to me, 39PH will be participating!
   Dad & I managed to miss Jack Sears driving Sir Paul Vestey on the parade lap of the Revival Shelby Cup as we were in the holding paddock at the time, and Goodwood closed just before Dad got the Cobra, so we can`t wait!

Nik , I will send you a pic for your personal collection.

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 19:17:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaron

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Nik , I will send you a pic for your personal collection.

Photo sent [:)]