Author Topic: MKIV & MKIII windshields  (Read 2552 times)

jbottini

• View Profile
MKIV & MKIII windshields
« on: February 28, 2007, 18:19:20 »
Does anyone have difinitive knowledge of location and angle of MKIV vs MKIII wind shields? Specifically ..are they in the same body location and is the angle (rake) the same? I ask as I'm trying to source a top for fitment.

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
MKIV & MKIII windshields
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 20:58:32 »
good question,  actually I would like to replace my windshield someday, what could I replace it with???  is there a "cobra" windshield that will fit?

Mark IV

• View Profile
MKIV & MKIII windshields
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 02:00:42 »
A MK IV glass is the same as a MK II or III. Jim is looking for the POSITION of the windscreen. Please measure from the start of the front fender (wing) behind the chrome ring of the headlamp, to the base of the windscreen pillar.

Some replicas use a windscreen glass that is NOT the same as an AC glass, i.e. later Superformance cars that have a taller scuttle to allow use of an air cleaner on a "385" series (429/460) engine.

Looking to confirm that MK IV windscreens are moved forward vis a vis a MK III.

Rick

Malta

• View Profile
MKIV & MKIII windshields
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 08:14:12 »
Re windscreen

For information the original AC windscreen fitted to MKII, MKIII and MKIV is the same and in the same position and rake angle.

As the cars are hand built there are always minor differences between one car and another so if fitting a new hood it MUST be fitted to the specific car.

If you need any additional help please feel free to ask

owenjfo@gmail.com

I hope this helps

Regards

John Owen[8D]

jbottini

• View Profile
MKIV & MKIII windshields
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 13:41:41 »
John, Thanks very much, you have cleared up an issue re the top fitment. i was under the impression the windshield location or rake had been changed to enlarge cockpit on MKIV. It would appear that the difference is really the "cut out" for the cock pit.As I move forward I will email you regarding a replacement top. Thanks, jim