Author Topic: Aceca Door Pockets  (Read 2541 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Door Pockets
« on: May 06, 2009, 02:11:13 »
Can anyone supply me with the proper dimensions, or a pattern, for the small door pockets in an Aceca? What is the 'box' actually made from, flocked cardboard, some other material?

Any info appreciated.

Peter
Peter B.

Aceca289

• View Profile
Aceca Door Pockets
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 06:29:45 »
Peter,
   I still have the original door panels from my Aceca (a bit worn and tattered since they sat outside for a few years). They are at the upholstery shop being used as patterns for my new door panels. I won’t have them back until near the end of June. I would be glad to ship them to you to use a pattern or take some photos and measurements when I get them back. Let me know if that works with you. They have an additional leather strip element (about ¾” wide – mounted on a thin strip of wood) running about 4”-5” off the bottom of the panel which I think looks sharp compared to the large uninterrupted sheet of leather at the bottom as usually seen on Aceca door panels.
   John
   AEX521

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Door Pockets
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 04:02:51 »
Thanks John, that would be great! What are the actual 'boxes' that make up the inside made out of, do you know? Just flocked cardboard, or something else? Thanks for the help!
Peter B.