Author Topic: Group of cars in Forest Green?  (Read 12848 times)

craggle

• View Profile
Group of cars in Forest Green?
« on: April 19, 2009, 20:49:16 »
Hi Chaps

I was driving though Forest Green today in my Dax and saw quite a few nice looking cars parked at the Parrot inn.
   I am a poster on the Cobra replica club forum and I know it wasn't us so I guessed they must have been genuine AC's.

All cars looked great parked up there and I should have stopped and taken a look.

I live very locally to the parrot and am also partly responsible for the little 1932 HotRod you may have seen driving about today. It was him who told me to get my car out and go for a drive!

If I see you again would I be welcome to stop and take a look at your cars or will I get chased off with genuine AC spinner mallets? [;)][:D]

Craig.

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 21:04:57 »
Very difficult question. But fortuately I donĀ“t have to think about it, because I live on the continent[;)].

Michael

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 22:03:40 »
Craig, I believe they have some replica mallets for just such an occasion!
   [:D][;)]

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 14:10:05 »
Hi Craig,
   I was one of the Surrey ACOC members at the Parrot yesterday and am envious of your proximity to such a great location. We are fortunate that our monthly meeting is well attended by ACs of all ages and we did notice you drive by a couple of times. I think your mate in the hotrod went past four of five times (which was good). You raise an interesting question and I will do my best at a diplomatic answer.
   We are a one make club, though not as sniffy as some one make clubs. We are a friendly bunch of petrol heads and are always happy to talk to anyone about cars and AC in particular.

Next time I suggest your best course of action would be to arrive with your mate in the Deuce Coupe hotrod [;)]. I am sure we would want to come over to have a closer look at the car and have a chat.

If you drove up in your Dax, while none of us would dash to our car for a mallet, we would most probably be muttering into our pints[:)]

I hope this helps to answer your question ? Come and say hello next time.

FYI - the photo is last Sunday at the Parrot
   Cheers - John.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 18:24:15 »
Wow, it`s great to see the Greyhound in the tail end of that group, any chance more piccies could be submitted to 'Da Management' for use in The Galleries section, as there`s nothing there for this year yet?
   What a pity it would be a 600-mile round trip for me, looks like a nice little gathering!
   Nik.

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 18:35:00 »
Hi Nik,
   Yes we are lucky with the venue, we normally have a few more cars than that on the monthly meet, but a couple of members are away at the moment. Not sure I know how to post photos in the gallery, but we should have more photos in May once we've done Dad's Day and Prescott, maybe I'll try and post them then.

And remember we can't all be lucky enough to live in the Ibiza of the North [8D][8D]

Cheers - John.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 19:33:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by craggle

Hi Chaps

I was driving though Forest Green today in my Dax and saw quite a few nice looking cars parked at the Parrot inn.
   I am a poster on the Cobra replica club forum and I know it wasn't us so I guessed they must have been genuine AC's.

All cars looked great parked up there and I should have stopped and taken a look.

I live very locally to the parrot and am also partly responsible for the little 1932 HotRod you may have seen driving about today. It was him who told me to get my car out and go for a drive!

If I see you again would I be welcome to stop and take a look at your cars or will I get chased off with genuine AC spinner mallets? [;)][:D]

Craig.

Craig

We did clock your Dax and the smart 3 window duece coupe, Nothing against Kit Cars, especially well put togethewr ones,  We meet 3rd Sunday of each month at the Parrot, you are always welcome to join the gathering, It would be better ( er,  more diplomatic ) to come along in your mates 32 than the Dax, nothing against the Dax, just the location is somewhat tight on Parking at the best of times especially if the weathers brill......  so would rather keep the limited parking to ACs  whether they be from the 1930s, 50s or 90s.

Great venue, see you there next month and look forward to inspecting the little Duece Coupe and meeting you and a few of your friends.

In the meantime, enjoy !!

Keith

craggle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 09:39:52 »
Cheers guys,

I can see why certain owners get a bit annoyed about replicas (I have seen some really bad ones) but we are all car enthusiasts in the end aren't we? I built my Dax because I wanted to build a car and it's definitely not a replica.
   I just thought the Dax fitted all my requirements perfectly and I'm proud of the fact I built it and consider it rather well built. (but I would, wouldn't I?)[;)]

Not sure when the little coupe will be back over this way but if he is on the day I will ask for a lift up to the pub although I live about 2 minutes walk from there so may just take a stroll over myself. We have just finished rebuilding the engine and changing all the front axle on the coupe so that's why it was being road tested last weekend. The roads around Surrey are great for testing suspension![;)]
   If you see someone looking over the cars next time then please come and say hello.[:)]

Just out of interest, anyone planning on going to the Cranleigh car show? Only 5 minutes drive from the Parrot and a great show if the weather is good.
   http://www.cranleighlions.org/classic-car-show.php
   Picture of the coupe, My dax, My fathers NG and a friends NG parked up at last years show.

Craig.

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 21:27:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by craggle

Cheers guys,

I can see why certain owners get a bit annoyed about replicas (I have seen some really bad ones) but we are all car enthusiasts in the end aren't we? I built my Dax because I wanted to build a car and it's definitely not a replica.
   I just thought the Dax fitted all my requirements perfectly and I'm proud of the fact I built it and consider it rather well built. (but I would, wouldn't I?)[;)]

Craggle,

I dont own a Dax ,AC or 32 Ford Coupe,but I will problably attend the Cranliegh Car Show, I went last year ,met lots of friendly owners of some really nice classic cars,as you say we are all enthusiasts [:)]

Not sure when the little coupe will be back over this way but if he is on the day I will ask for a lift up to the pub although I live about 2 minutes walk from there so may just take a stroll over myself. We have just finished rebuilding the engine and changing all the front axle on the coupe so that's why it was being road tested last weekend. The roads around Surrey are great for testing suspension![;)]
   If you see someone looking over the cars next time then please come and say hello.[:)]

Just out of interest, anyone planning on going to the Cranleigh car show? Only 5 minutes drive from the Parrot and a great show if the weather is good.
   Picture of the coupe, My dax, My fathers NG and a friends NG parked up at last years show.

Craig.

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 11:30:12 »
Hi Craig,
   Yes I might go, thanks for reminding me.
   Cheers - John

Event date 16th August