Author Topic: Proposed "directory of services" for AC owners  (Read 12893 times)

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

• View Profile
Proposed "directory of services" for AC owners
« on: October 05, 2006, 21:40:48 »
There are a number of long standing companies based in the U.K who repair/service and manufacture parts for all the AC Models.
   Would the owners of these companies be prepared to give details and descriptions of the work they carry-out and parts they supply so any AC owner could have what is a "directory of services" should they need it. Would the owners find a service like this useful? Could a member who has a repair for instance post his experience on the forum so other members get a feel for what is available and how good it is.
    Would any owners and company owners like to comment on this idea. It is only an idea but the aim is to improve a members ability to keep his or her car on the road.
   Alan Faulkner-Stevens

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 21:56:24 »
Alan,
      For us in the States, including if they ship to the US, would be great.  I think it is an excellent idea.

Jan
   AK1227

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 10:38:10 »
Hi Alan

Great Idea and I've already got a great recommendation to give for servicing and mechanical work. What format are you proposing? Will this be held in a new section on the website or a document that you keep up to date and send on to interested parties etc? Should we send info directly to you?

Bruce

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 12:55:14 »
Alan

GREAT IDEA!

Let me know what/how much you need and I'll supply all the details for the workshops which have been of great help.

On that note it might be just as useful, might it not, to have a list of all those B'aastds who ripped us off or promised they could do something when in fact they couldn't find their asses with both hands and a map.

On second thoughts - useful as that would be - I don't fancy defending the Defamation actions!

let us know

Mark-Anthony

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 15:06:21 »
I think this would be great. I am just in the process of gathering info as I am restoring my Aceca. It is quite difficult to find out who does what and parts availability. A directory would be very helpful and I would certainly use it and in my opinion it would facilitate business to the vendors.

Gus Meyjes
   USA

kenn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 16:07:39 »
Great idea Alan,being in a fairly remote part of Australia,that is what I hoped to find on the forum.I could give some info on manufacture of some parts relating to the Mays head Zephyr 2.6 engine I am having built for my  Aceca.
    Also of great help would be a section where people can share share their knowlege on parts interchange from other makes and models  ie;Aceca door handles are Rover

Ken Norrish

sruzila

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 19:35:00 »
All for it. I've had to keep lists of folks here in the US that have parts. Though I have found the the internet has allowed my to find NOS parts. I even had Volks make me original oil filters for my '57 Aceca-Bristol!

sruzila

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 20:28:43 »
How about a directory of where to get parts? Or even better, a cross reference guide to parts. I'm thinking something that tells people PartA is the OEM part, but PartB works with modificationX. Or something like MGA PartA is interchangeable with AC PartB. Or the typo I found in a reprinted Lucas catalog when trying to get the rotor part number.

Steve

ps- and now I realized someone asked for the same thing a few posts earlier!

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 22:38:12 »
Alan
   I would be happy to contribute to the list suggested as i am an owner of two Pre War AC Cars which have the Weller engine.
   Due to lack of good quality parts i have invested in tooling for the major engine components of this engine which have upgraded to offer longer life & potential performance, if you would be good enough to look at my web site ' www.ac-engine.com ' it gives an understanding of what i am doing & offering.
   All the modifications & components are approved by the VSCC in UK & i am the only person with permission to use the AC logo on the blocks.
   I expect to have all major engine castings by end this year, tooling made to AC Drawings plus upgrade.
   Am not trying to use this site to advertise but just to explain what i am about. I fundimentally started due to my personal car needs.

Regards

Robin A Woolmer