Author Topic: Mph Show-Top Gear Live- NEC 13 -16 NOV  (Read 13355 times)

Admin1

• View Profile
Mph Show-Top Gear Live- NEC 13 -16 NOV
« on: November 12, 2008, 21:28:16 »
NEC November

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 17:27:11 »
Richard Hammonds Mustang is a real beauty !!

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 12:37:31 »
I was looking forward to the event and drove up to Birmingham on Saturday hoping to spend the day walking round the NEC. Unfortunately, after more than 40 minutes queuing to get into the car parks and countless people in high vis jackets telling me what I could and could not do, I gave up turned round and drove back home. How can such a massive exhibition facility such as the NEC be so poorly organised ?

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 21:29:30 »
John ,this unfortunatly is how it is at these events,were the NEC also charging for parking ,they normally do @ £6.00 per car ,and as you say you have all these high vis arseholes telling you were to go !!!!!!!!!

As I said before Steve, this is why I do not attend these boring car shows that cost **** loads of money to attend.

Steve , I look forward to seeing you in the new year, check out my Flickr photo`s for some wildlife photo`s over the winter months !!

If you can sort me out with any "HI VIS " tickets to next years events, you know it will be appreciated !![:)]

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 20:50:53 »
And the 289 Register was runner-up. Not at all bad for a first effort, having re-created the 'AC Cobra' pit at Le Mans 1963. Bloody good effort on a 2/6d budget and received much interest and favourable comments. (I thought it was far better than the Peerless, but what do I know..?)

The NEC is a woeful place - I fail to see the attraction in hauling my sorry rear end up the M40. If I did not have an exhibitor and parking pass, I would have saved the £22 entry fee on the Friday PLUS the now-£8 (!!) parking theft, plus petrol, and stayed home and stuck stamps in my album, or mowed the cat and polished the lawn.

So the 6-wheel disaster the 'car of the show'? Speaks volumes.....

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 10:19:34 »
Photos pilfered from the UK CRC`s NEC thread:

and the 'winner'(erm, why?)

OK, I do like the spectators above the 'pit'....

photos by C. Johnston

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 12:41:40 »
It was the carboard cut-outs wot done it (unless there was an 'arrangement'!)

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 13:37:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate
   It was the carboard cut-outs wot done it ...

Is that who the judges were?[;)]It all makes sense now.
   And I thought it was because the 'AC Pit' didn`t have Sunday Times sponsorship on their overalls and had forgotten to paint the No.4 car! Silly Me. [}:)]

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 14:59:16 »
Gotta keep in touch with Stirling Moss.....

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 12:53:33 »
Clever Trevor, talked to you concerning publications, can you please contact me ASAP on michaelcassel (at) gmx.de? Thank you!!!!
   Steve, love to here that you will be in Essen which is located only 20 Minutes from my home! Will you be on the Essen Motor Show next week or on the Techno Classica in April?

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 18:56:25 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

And the 289 Register was runner-up. Not at all bad for a first effort, having re-created the 'AC Cobra' pit at Le Mans 1963. Bloody good effort on a 2/6d budget and received much interest and favourable comments. (I thought it was far better than the Peerless, but what do I know..?)

The NEC is a woeful place - I fail to see the attraction in hauling my sorry rear end up the M40. If I did not have an exhibitor and parking pass, I would have saved the £22 entry fee on the Friday PLUS the now-£8 (!!) parking theft, plus petrol, and stayed home and stuck stamps in my album, or mowed the cat and polished the lawn.

So the 6-wheel disaster the 'car of the show'? Speaks volumes.....

I have to agree with you Trevor, £22.00 for entry and £8.00 for parking,a total rip off , wow it has gone up I paid £14.00 for entry and a fiver for parking about 3 years ago

cf24

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 16:31:22 »
The NEC station car park was cheaper and a lot closer