Author Topic: AC 428  (Read 12296 times)

david langford

• View Profile
AC 428
« on: July 09, 2006, 10:21:05 »
I have to get my 428 valued for insurance purposes.Does the club do valuations and if so could it be done with photos or does it have to be physically looked at.If it has to be looked at where would it have to go,bearing in mind it only does ten to the gallon,so I might have to sell it to be able to afford to get there.

D.L.

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
AC 428
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 13:41:59 »
Dear David

I have no idea about valuations but if you drive your 428 to my house I'll gve you twice what the petrol cost and I'll drive you home too!
   Deal?

Mark-Anthony

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
AC 428
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 15:16:29 »
The club stopped doing valuations quite a few years ago after some very unpleasant litigation between another owners' club and a disgruntled owner over the valuations they were (in good faith) doing.  I'm not sure who does.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
AC 428
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 01:27:34 »
Hi David

The ACOC cannot give out official valuation, as it puts the onus on the club, However if you speak to 428 Registra, Andy Shepherd or Bertie either should give you a realistic valuation, obviously the vehicle needs to be viewed on thoroughly inspected, photographs hide a multitude of mysteries and horrors.

Speak to other owners and check out their insurance value, rember should you have accident the insurance company will only pay out or pay for a agreed value,  Skilled craftsmen working in Aluminium is both time consuming and bloody expensive.

Good Luck !!

Keith L Lessiter

keithjecks

• View Profile
AC 428
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 20:19:29 »
...not to mention useless. The Frua's are steel!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
AC 428
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 01:54:22 »
OOOPPPSS !!  Fraus have steel bodies not ali. Should have known or at least checked before typing out reply in early hours,  Sorry but rest still stands, speak to club registra and other Frau owners, then add another few grand to ensure you are adaquately covered on total replacement value, or professional repair / rebuild.