Author Topic: Aceca Tools  (Read 19164 times)

Aceca289

• View Profile
Aceca Tools
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 05:23:20 »
Thanks for the info Gary. I will have to locate the proper bleed valves to replace the ones on my car as my rear suspension is back together now but the brakes still need to be bleed. <Does anyone have a source for new bleed valves?> I have been using a 3/8” deep socket and letting the brake fluid ooze out and into a pan below. It looks like one can place a bleed tube through this tool and direct the brake fluid into a jar. This sounds much better!!!

John

59 Aceca

• View Profile
Aceca Tools
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 06:54:12 »
John,

Here are the jpgs of the drawings you did on the brake adjuster and brake bleeder.  Thanks very much for taking the time to detail all of the specifications for us! - Greg

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Aceca Tools
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 09:59:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by Aceca289

Thanks for the info Gary. I will have to locate the proper bleed valves to replace the ones on my car as my rear suspension is back together now but the brakes still need to be bleed. <Does anyone have a source for new bleed valves?> I have been using a 3/8” deep socket and letting the brake fluid ooze out and into a pan below. It looks like one can place a bleed tube through this tool and direct the brake fluid into a jar. This sounds much better!!!

John

John, Peter, Gary  and All Ace Owners

To make the Bleeding Job,  (excuse the pun) of the rear brakes  easier on the Ace,  you can buy longer Bleed Valves,  Not sure if ACOC used to hold them in stock for club members and haven't a part number or source of supply.

Sure makes the job  easier and cleaner. As the bleed tube can be easily fitted and one can still get the spanner on the bleednipple. Without the air going blue and the garage floor and surroundings dripping with  bleeding fluid.

I will have a word or two with some of  AC racing fraternity during this afternoon and post more details tonight.

In the meantime If any Ace owner can confirm supplier and part number it would be appreciated by many Ace owners World Wide.

Keith

GaryC

• View Profile
Aceca Tools
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 19:10:20 »
I bought some from Ron Leonard (HYD050)..1 1/2" long overall and they fit hex on orig bleed tool.  GC

Aceca289

• View Profile
Aceca Tools
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 20:28:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by GaryC

I bought some from Ron Leonard (HYD050)..1 1/2" long overall and they fit hex on orig bleed tool.  GC

Thanks! I will give Ron a call.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Aceca Tools
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 21:24:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by GaryC

Glad to learn that Gary, Pete & John  have secured long versions of the Rear Bleed Valves for their Ace/s from Ron Leonard.

For those in the UK who might need longer Bleed Valves to make bleeding the system easier on their Ace easier. contact :- Barry Howsley who has 5 pairs of extra long Bleed Valves at £5.00 per pair plus post & packing.

tel / Fax  ....  01727 872819
   25, Applecroft, Park Street. St Albans, Hertfordshire  AL2 2AP

Keith

Aceca289

• View Profile
Aceca Tools
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 04:48:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by 59 Aceca

John,

Here are the jpgs of the drawings you did on the brake adjuster and brake bleeder.  Thanks very much for taking the time to detail all of the specifications for us! - Greg

Here are two dimensions I forgot to include for the Brake Adjuster Spanner.
   - The Handle is 7/8" wide
   - The Square socket transitions to round at the handle and is made up of tubing that measures O.D. = ¾” and I.D. = ½”

TTM

• View Profile
Aceca Tools
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 09:04:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by 59 Aceca

John,

Here are the jpgs of the drawings you did on the brake adjuster and brake bleeder.

Hello,

Any chance to see again the drawing for the brake bleeder?
   It seems that the picture is no longer hosted on Photobucket.

Thanks.