Author Topic: John Owen  (Read 3243 times)

shep

• View Profile
John Owen
« on: August 29, 2012, 16:19:56 »
With sadness we heard that John Owen aged 62, died suddenly at his home last Friday 24th August 2012, from a heart attack . Following a distinguished career with Ford, John time spent with Lotus on the V8 engine development. Subsequently he has been closely involved with AC Cars since 1998, developing and engineering the AC brand. Our sympathy and condolences go to his family, friends and colleagues. Andy Shepherd.

ACOCArch

• View Profile
John Owen
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 14:19:17 »
quote:
Originally posted by shep

With sadness we heard that John Owen aged 62, died suddenly at his home last Friday 24th August 2012, from a heart attack.  Andy Shepherd.

I was saddened to hear of John Owen's passing. In a difficult period for anyone with an interest in AC, John's determined effort to establish car manufacturing in Malta, where there was no significant skill base to build on, was a massive personal undertaking for which he paid an extremely heavy price.  Whatever one might feel about the circumstances of that exercise, my lasting memory is of a good automobile engineer who was unfailingly friendly whenever we met and most helpful whenever I sought his advice about the engineering of our ACs.
   John Spencer