Author Topic: Very Cheap '98 ACE  (Read 11008 times)

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
Very Cheap '98 ACE
« on: October 30, 2006, 17:07:04 »
Hi Guys

I have just spotted an automatic 1998 ACE on Autotrader for £15/16,000 (I forget which).  www.autotrader.com Great looking car.  Full service history with AC and Redline, owner's had it 3 years and done 3,000 miles.   It's done 24,000 total.

He says he's just bought another sports car so the AC's got to go.  I have spoken to the vendor and he says he'll put it back in Autotrader's next issue for £14,500 and he'll go no lower.  He tells me that he's put it in Autotrader on and off for a year now.

Me?  I'd offer him £12,000 in notes and see how he twiches.  He currently runs a Ferrari so I don't think he needs the money.  If I had a more tolerant wife (or a garage she didn't know about) I'd buy the damn thing myself.

If any of you lot buy it after this posting you'll owe me a beer!

Mark-Anthony

Very Cheap '98 ACE
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 00:17:51 »
I would like to have a look at it but cant find it on autotrader ???

Ron

Mark IV

• View Profile
Very Cheap '98 ACE
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 02:13:27 »
Ron,
   Be aware that a 98 Ace is not EPA/Dot approved so can only be brought in to the US as a "display/race/collector" vehicle and cannot LEGALLY be registered.
   And besides, I still don't have an Ace here in the US so I don't want to be upstaged!

Rick

nikbj68

• View Profile
Very Cheap '98 ACE
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 09:32:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by AK3024

I would like to have a look at it but cant find it on autotrader ???
   Ron

It`s on www.autotrader.co.uk, not .com
   Select AC & Ace from the dropdown lists, it`s the only one there ATM.
   You`ll need a UK 'zipcode' for the search,
   How`s about Buckingham Palace? SW1A 1AA
   Cheers, Nik.[:D]

Very Cheap '98 ACE
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 01:11:14 »
MarkIV I was only going to display it or collect it ????  LOL  I gotta check it out ??

Ron

Max Allan

• View Profile
Very Cheap '98 ACE
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 20:50:52 »
At that price it's almost worth buying for spares.... I could do with a hood to replace the one nicked by AC.

keithjecks

• View Profile
Very Cheap '98 ACE
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 22:22:44 »
What happenned?

By the way, let's do as you suggested and meet up in a couple of weeks. it would be good to swap notes

Max Allan

• View Profile
Very Cheap '98 ACE
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 23:59:06 »
What happened.... you mean as far as the hood? Story goes the hood manufacturer in Germany went broke (or refused to supply due to non-payment) leaving the Company with new Aces, but no hoods. Solution? Removed the hoods from cars sitting in their showroom - hence mine has all the mechanism, but no actual hood. When I bought the car from Duncan Hamilton in '99 (who acquired it from AC) I had the option of the last remaining hardtop or he'd have a hood made. I went for the hardtop, which is OK, but on a warm summer's day you can't beat driving with the top down - something I can't do unless I'm convinced it won't rain!

How was Goodwood? A good day?

I'd look forward to meeting up ace4.6. Try and make it within the next couple of weeks, while there's a chance of the weather holding up and before we get fouled up with Christmas....ah Christmas - there's a happy thought!! Send me an email so as we can arrange something.

maxallan@bretoncourt.fsbusiness.co.uk

Cheers Max