Author Topic: I have Documents for owner of AC Aceca BEX 652  (Read 13292 times)

Jim Maxwell

• View Profile
I have Documents for owner of AC Aceca BEX 652
« on: August 05, 2007, 00:45:21 »
I purchased a large set of documents 20 years ago that included many AC Aceca documents as well as letters and invoices,repair records,etc. for BEX 652. I would like to contact that owner. I have tried the USA AC Owners Club, to no avail. Does anyone know anything about this car and its current owner? It was in Texas in the 1960's when these documents were collected. Thanks.

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 12:00:08 »
I almost bought this car on eBay in 2001 as a restoration project. However I was outbid in the last minute of the auction.
   The restored car was offered in the June 2007 issue of ACtion by the well known German AC enthusiast Arwed Otto (and his son Mike).
   I don't know if it's already sold but if it is Mr. Otto surely can put you in touch with the new owner. If not, I'm sure he will be very glad to receive this extra piece of documented history on his car.
   I can give you his phone number by e-mail in case you don't have access to it.

Jerry van Kalleveen

Nicola

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 19:49:16 »
I am the owner of BEX 652 and would be very interested in any paperwork concerning the car.
   Could you specify? or send an e-mail to Nicola@Doenhoff.com?
   Thank You
   Regards
   Nicola

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 23:23:42 »
Nicola

Nice to learn that BEX652 has found a new home and will be reunited with  long lost documents.

Could you please email me a couple of pictures of BEX652 in its current state and  a period pic if possible.  Plus confirm engine number.  ( 100D782 ?)

I in turn will forward details on to Tony Michaels the Official ACOC Aceca Bristol Registrar.

my email :-    Keith dot lessiter at faac dotcodotuk.

Thanking you in anticipation

Keith

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 06:45:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by Nicola

I am the owner of BEX 652 and would be very interested in any paperwork concerning the car.
   Could you specify? or send an e-mail to Nicola@Doenhoff.com?
   Thank You
   Regards
   Nicola

Hi Nicola. It would be worth you contacting Jim Maxwell directly by clicking his name & sending him a message, as this forum doesn`t notify replies & I don`t think Jim is a frequent visitor.
   Good luck, Nik.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 13:51:36 »
Nicola

re:-  Jim Maxwell - Documents relevent to BEX652.

Recent e-mail from Jerry Van Kalleveen informs me, that Jim Maxwell has been in contact and the wad of old Documents for your AC Aceca  should soon be reunited with BEX652.

Great News !!  Proves that irrespective of Country, Continent or State AC members and enthusiasts are a trustworthy & honest lot and that the ACOC Forum works, being mutually beneficial to all ACOC members.....Long may it continue.

Keith

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 18:51:53 »
Keith,

Almost 100% true [:)]
   In the end it also involved becoming a member of the Club Cobra forum and using the contact details of their members to establish the final contact.
   But I heartily agree with Keith's opinion on the ACOC, its website and its forum.
   Jim Maxwell already replied to Keith and me including several nice pictures of Cobras he and his brother have owned or still own. All CSX cars of course [:D]

Jerry