Author Topic: OK, help with the MKIV battery puzzle  (Read 2816 times)

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
OK, help with the MKIV battery puzzle
« on: December 10, 2006, 23:01:13 »
Hello all,
      Before I swear up a storm and realize there was a simple way, can somone offer advice on  how to remove the battery from my MKIV ?  It looks puzzling and like their must be an easy way.

I need to remove the battery because, I'm almost positive is is dead and also, I was going to add water to it, well guess what, the cover fell into the wheel well somewhere ( I now call it the black hole), so now that the battery is missing a covert and the fact that is was pretty dry for who knows how long, I might as well just replace the battery.

Thanks for the help in advance..

Jan

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 23:10:01 »
Jan, I believe you must take the right front wheel off and there should be an access panel there. if you replace it see if you can get an Optima inthere, less agravation, no need to add water and much less self discharge. definately not period correct though. Jim

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 01:39:46 »
Jan ................LOL

I made the same mistake .. I think I had gotten to a point one day after I serviced the car where I was in deep thought and overlooked the obviuos also.   When the front wheel is off .. it was easy.  I have to say I'm relocating the battery in my Pantera to the same location.

Ron

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 10:20:15 »
Thanks for the idea of the front wheel. I was not as smart and dismounted the air intake up to the inlet manifold!!!

Regards
   Constant

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 13:08:20 »
On my Superblower (RHD) you take off the front wheel and then unscrew and remove the whole fibreglass inner wheel cover.  This then gives very easy access to remove the battery.

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 17:44:35 »
Glad to help. Can some one who has a stock AK 302 FI take a picture or two of the intake system Filter and fresh air system. ? email to jamesbottini877@msn.com