Author Topic: Another steering column question!!  (Read 2219 times)

Superarnie Mk2

• View Profile
Another steering column question!!
« on: October 28, 2007, 18:19:58 »
As some of you may know, I am completing the build of Superblower Chassis No. ACSB 7020. I am planning on fitting a retro style roadster dash instead of the standard Superblower dash. The steering column on the Superblowers is a Ford Granada item (1992 ish year), with the big column cowling and indicator/wiper stalks on either side of it. I would like to fit the Mota Lita wheel/hub and the old style VW Karmann Ghia indicator stalk. I have noticed that many of the Mark 4's are fitted with similar equipment, but I think the steering column is slightly different to mine. Can anybody tell me if they have done this conversion and what was the solution?

Many thanks
   Gary

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 16:41:04 »
Hi. Did you contact Gerry Hawkridge, as I suggested in the Mk4/Superblower Steering racks thread? He`ll sort you out, I`m sure.

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 10:47:37 »
I'm sure Gerry will be able to help you, but you may also want to have a chat with "Big Al" at Thunder Road. Making and fitting a Mk III style dash into a Mk IV is a conversion they have made quite a number of times. They are in Surrey and their number 01483 7633991.
   Cheers - John.

NB:Other than being a (happy) customer of Thunder Road I have no connection with the business.