Author Topic: Ace boot carpets/leather  (Read 3031 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Ace boot carpets/leather
« on: March 30, 2018, 14:56:16 »
Can anyone verify the carpet and leather arrangement in the Aces? I believe there is carpet that goes on the top of the gas tank, and should there be leather or carpet on the side (that faces the rear)? None of my books give a clear picture or description. Also, I believe the sides of the boot should be 'flocked', is that correct? Any pictures would help!
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Re: Ace boot carpets/leather
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 15:22:44 »
Peter

The Interior of the Ace boot ( Trunk) .

Boot floor ribbed rubber mat.
Small vertical  riser  section ;  Leather covered as per  Seats.
Horizontal step  (Tread , over rear tower/diff)  Carpeted as per interior.
Rear bulkhead. Left Aluminium..  ..   (  Flock ??)
Interior side panels were origonally covered in Flock.

BEX333 not readily available.  So will see if I have a photo to complement above discription.  Think I have photo of finished boot of BEX148,
If so will email.

Keith

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 10:27:12 by AC Ace Bristol »

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 21:31:59 »
As always, thanks Keith! Will post pics of AEX127 as soon as I get it back!
Peter B.

Norman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 10:12:55 »
My 2.6 is the same, except that it never had any flock on the side panels or the rear bulkhead, they were left alloy, and the vertical panel under the shelf is covered not in leather but in a leatherish material that matches that of the inside of the glovebox lid. This was the spec both before and after restoration by David Sanderson about 12 years ago. AC repaired some accident damage at the rear of the car early in its life, before I bought it, so I suppose they might have cheapened the spec in the process, but that seems unlikely as David is a stickler for originality and would have remedied the deficiency during the rebuild.