Author Topic: Barn Find Ace, Aceca & Greyhound  (Read 12573 times)

aaron

• View Profile
Barn Find Ace, Aceca & Greyhound
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 20:48:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by C9OBY

Exciting news - 463HWR will be competing at the ACOC's Clubman's Sprint at Goodwood on 2nd November
Lots of photos please, for those of us who can`t attend. [:(]

Nik, its only down the road from you ! [:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 00:16:02 »
Down the road? I suppose as a 700-mile round trip it`s a wee bit less than the 1100 miles or so I covered for the Rest And Be Thankful weekend, but I have a previous commitment for that weekend anyway. [;)]

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 20:46:40 »
quote:

Down the road? I suppose as a 700-mile round trip it`s a wee bit less than the 1100 miles or so I covered for the Rest And Be Thankful weekend, but I have a previous commitment for that weekend anyway. [;)]

What`s 700 miles  ? I will have to work sunday to make up for having the day off on Saturday !

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 22:18:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaronWhat`s 700 miles?

I`m happy with doing 700 miles, in fact in 2009 I did it twice, for the ACOC 60th, home on the Sunday, then back to Brooklands for the Octane Magazine photoshoot on the Tuesday!
   I have other commitments for that weekend, but I will be at the NEC for the duration, and very much looking forward to the full ACOC onslaught after the ME3000 guys set the ball rolling so well last year[8D]!

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 22:50:42 »
Bruce,
   Will you be driving 463HWR?  Perhaps its just the way I read your comment?  Thought you may have finally got a greyhound.

Graham

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 13:58:26 »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by aaronWhat`s 700 miles?

I`m happy with doing 700 miles, in fact in 2009 I did it twice, for the ACOC 60th, home on the Sunday, then back to Brooklands for the Octane Magazine photoshoot on the Tuesday!
   I have other commitments for that weekend, but I will be at the NEC for the duration, and very much looking forward to the full ACOC onslaught after the ME3000 guys set the ball rolling so well last year[8D]!

I seriously think you were just trying to feed your Cobra addiction Nik, driving all those miles in a few days !! I have been to the NEC Classic shows in the past, car shows don`t really do anything for me these days, I prefer to see the cars out on track ,the cost of fuel, plus paying for parking, plus the entrance fee also puts me off going . An hours drive to Goodwood suits me fine ! [:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 14:01:02 »
Too true, Aaron... too true!
   An hour`s drive to Goodwood would suit me just fine, as well. [;)]

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 20:16:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by Flyinghorse

Bruce,
   Will you be driving 463HWR?  Perhaps its just the way I read your comment?  Thought you may have finally got a greyhound.

Graham

Graham,

No, unfortunately not, as any Greyhound aspirations need to wait until I've shifted my MKIV.  I was just pointing out its attendance, as my new SOTM role for the Sprint gives me first sight of the entries.

The owner is a new member to the ACOC and I've held off putting any personal details online until I've met him in person and given him the chance to do his own introductions. I'm sure Aaron will take a few photos for us and get the owner to agree to being named alongside his car.

Bruce

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 21:07:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by C9OBY

quote:
Originally posted by Flyinghorse

Bruce,

Graham

Graham,

No, unfortunately not, as any Greyhound aspirations need to wait until I've shifted my MKIV.  I was just pointing out its attendance, as my new SOTM role for the Sprint gives me first sight of the entries.

The owner is a new member to the ACOC and I've held off putting any personal details online until I've met him in person and given him the chance to do his own introductions. I'm sure Aaron will take a few photos for us and get the owner to agree to being named alongside his car.

Bruce

Yes Bruce, I will be there with two cameras as usual ! I could do with a pushbike to get round the circuit !

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 21:49:31 »
The Greyhound is now in much nicer condition.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 11:00:45 »
LOL... All I`m seeing is chromed bumpers, and the Goodwood rain washing off 30 years of dust!
   Fabulous! Any more photos, interior, engine, etc?

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 12:28:18 »
quote:

LOL... All I`m seeing is chromed bumpers, and the Goodwood rain washing off 30 years of dust!
   Fabulous! Any more photos, interior, engine, etc?

Nope, there were plenty of other cars to photograph that day !

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 14:59:34 »
Nik.

We were all there to exercise the cars and test our nerve not wash and prepare our cars for the GOODWOOD Conours.[B)]..[:0]..

No offence intended....Seriously, dare say one or two took the odd photo but Aaron , Peter De Roussett-Hall and others were darting around the circuit to get  ACtion shots of the GOODWOOD Sprint.[;)]

Hopefully the new owner can post some pictures of the Greyhound as purchased and regularly update members as he lavishes TLC on the old girl. Would make a interesting future feature in ACtion and hopefully encourage a few more features on the underrated AC Greyhound.

Cheers

Keith..[:)]