Author Topic: Owner's Photo compilation  (Read 17554 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Owner's Photo compilation
« on: January 31, 2007, 02:19:56 »
While I am spending half of my day posting photos of my Aceca I thought it would be nice to have a thread where all active surfers and hopefully all owners can post a photo of their car or several. What a way to have a database of all owners and cars on the website. Do the registrars have any interest in this?

Gus

nanard289

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 20:14:52 »
Good suggestion Gus but there is not yet a dedicated gallery in this forum to do it. However, we can put some pictures here, it will be easy to find this thread. As I am new in this forum and French (so it is a double difficulty [:D]) I will start it.
   I will take opportunity of this thread to ask to other ACOC's members who will participate to the next Bonhams Silverstone Classic at the end of July and what are the conditions to do it?

linklaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 21:28:12 »
Here is a photo of AK 1103

linklaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 21:32:26 »
Here is another one.

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 21:46:42 »
Nice photos - how did you manage to load them.   I tried following the previous instructions and failed miserably!

linklaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 23:38:55 »
I followed the instructions on a previous thread.  I first opened up a photobucket account and uploaded the photos. I then went to the "reply to topic" page by clicking the icon at the top right of this page.  I then went back to photobucket and resized the photo and copied the address by right clicking on the address and copying it.  I then clicked the fourth icon from the right on the top of the "reply to topic" page, then pasted the link to the photo.  That is it.  Make sure the link to the photo is between the [img] signs on the page.  It took me a couple times, but I finally figured it out.

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 09:12:07 »
Linklaw.

Thanks very much.  I will have another try.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 13:57:54 »
Looks like we may have something going here!! spread the word. My Aceca is in the process of a complete rebuild, so here's a couple of photo's pre and during rebuild.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 14:14:56 »
ps: Bernard, that is a very impressive photo!

Gus

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 02:02:52 »
Probably going to make some purists cringe with my picture of AEX125, but here it is.
   The story from the previous owner was that it was modified in the '60s to accept a 289 and that was when the nose was changed.It still has a 289 and also came with many original Cobra parts so it looks like some previous owner went to the Shelby plant and bought many parts and installed them. Based on the other mods, I am guessing it was raced at some point, but have not been able to find any history on it. Paint will be coming soon, and then the interior will be last.
   Jay

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 02:24:44 »
aex125, nice car!

Emmanuel

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 09:09:50 »
Jay,

My view on any car is what previous owners did is all part of the history, my car has been to many racing events many bangs with other objects. I'm slowly putting all back together. If the car is original (e.g. not restored, etc) this is very very very rare. Nearly all cars have been changed. What do you expect for nearly 50 years!!. Just you keeping the history and the car going is a great statement.

So keep the history going!!! and the car is looking good.

John

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 13:28:04 »
Ditto!!!

Gus

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 23:39:23 »
A few photos of my Aceca.  Great idea, Gus!

Greg

terry3000me

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 00:23:49 »
quote:
I will take opportunity of this thread to ask to other ACOC's members who will participate to the next Bonhams Silverstone Classic at the end of July and what are the conditions to do it?

Details will be included in the March edition of ACtion. Eric Gates is again organising the AC display.

Terry