Author Topic: Silverstone Classic  (Read 7511 times)

crs28

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« on: July 03, 2012, 21:07:23 »
as a new member is it too late to join the ACOC area?

terry3000me

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 01:29:45 »
No I dont believe its not to late to buy tickets, however you have missed the 2 for 1 offer.
   Please see pages 46/47 of the June ACtion for contact details and booking code.

Layout plan of the event has now been added see ACOC News thread.

Terry

nikbj68

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 09:24:43 »
Simon, reasonably priced accomodation nearby is getting very hard to find, contact me directly (click on my name to send a private message)for details of where we`re staying(11 miles from silverstone), coz if I put the link in open forum someone might book it before you!
   It looks like we have a better pitch than last year`s, but with the Cobra Replica Club having a huge pitch just along from us, a good showing of Cobras would be good!

crs28

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 10:33:37 »
I dont have Junes Action for contact details and booking code. I would be grateful if anyone could advise.

thanks

nikbj68

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 12:28:35 »
I have just tried the Club code in the Silverstone online booking page and it has apparently expired(on June 14th), so no more advance discounts.
   You will have to phone the booking line on 0871 231 0849, (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.) to arrange for a club stand pass, and if you are an AA member, you should still be able to get 10% off, at least.

crs28

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 12:52:52 »
Unfortunately too late for this year, all tickets for clubs closed.
   [:(]

terry3000me

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 01:47:41 »
That's strange as a member rang the organisers, Wed 18/07, and was told they could collect their in field pass at the entrance.
   If you still wish to attend please e-mail me directly and I'll let you know a contact name at the organisers office.

Terry

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 10:09:43 »
Very Dissapointing turn out of ACs on The ACOC stand,  great mix of cars and great group, but where were all of you.. [?].

Left it very late so I to Couldn't get a Club entry pass, So called a Friend in  the 289 club and received Pass next day Wednesday last week.

On arrival on Saturday morning thanked Bill Telford  on the 289 Stand and  received invitation to participate in three Laps of the Grand Prix  circuit at 18.00 hours, invite thrown open to any AC member still around.

Gave BEX333 to Barry and Amy, Who were removed from the group and put on Front row of Cavalcade along side Sir Jack Sears (Gentleman Jack). [:p] in a Cobra and at the head of 159 Cobra replicas with the infiltratrion of the odd Genuine AC Cobra, 3000ME and a Greyhound..[;)]

Bloody long wait to get on track..[|)] Be with your AC at 17.30 and eventually on track at 19.20..... ZZZzz .[|)]..[|)].   But worth the wait, the few ACOC members,
   (Russell,  Malcolm & Sarah Thorne, John Spencer, Nik & Gerry Bagshaw, and  Barry & Amy Lessiter) who joined the Parade enjoyed the experience.[:)]

The Grin on Barry's face said it all, [:)]  looked like he had swallowed a coat hanger.

A quick thank you to Russell for the passenger seat in his Cobra (Superblower), last but not least a  BIG THANK YOU on behalf of the ACOC to Bill Telford of the 289 register and Gerry Hawkridge of Hawk Cars for giving the ACOC the opportunity to join the cavalcade.... Appreciated.[;)]

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

kaiserbilly1

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 21:09:19 »
Many thanks for the kind words Keith. It was our pleasure to help [:)]
   Here are a few photos [;)]

What fun [8D]

SB7015

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 00:44:31 »
Many thanks to Keith Leissiter and the 289 Register & Hawk Cars for arranging the ACOC invitation of all the members cars present to join the Silverstone Classic drive round the circuit in recognition of the celebration of the AC Cobra.

Malcolm
   AC Superblower
   ACSB 7015

REV

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 00:59:14 »
I followed the Cobras round the track, but not in an AC. I was part of an alternative celebration that I should have been part of earlier in the day, but when the track became to full they pulled the plug!

The wait as Keith says was as dull as dishwater, but there was plenty of banter and fun going. Dunkirk spirit pulled us all through. It constantly amazes me that people are so interested in our cars... and their breadth of knowledge. I spoke to more people waiting than I had all day.

When we finally got going I actually could not believe how much fun those two laps were. It was such a pretty sight.

A great day and a lovely event. The racing was glorious.

Maybe hope for a bigger turnout next year.

Chafford

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 22:05:16 »
Courtesy of the 289 Register:

http://www.the289register.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=900

Spantik

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 11:02:32 »
Just a masterwork for the eyes and a symphony for the ears!

ACOCArch

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 02:29:46 »
See separate thread in ACOC News

nikbj68

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 14:59:10 »
Finally got around to sorting some photos!
   It was great to meet some of the ACOC members I know from the forum, and some I`ve known for a while too!

Here are the Friday attendees:

2 thirds of Dad`s AC history side by side!!!

For Saturday, I think there were a dozen ACs in our makeshift area, which to be fair to the organisers was pretty well arranged under difficult circumstances:

A good mix, with Ace, Aceca, Greyhound, 428 Frua, ME3000, Superblower and CRS, pity there were no PVT or Thames Ditton Cobras, although I did spot COB6040 elsewhere and an Ace in the BRDC carpark!

Jack Sears headed the Cobra tribute parade lap in Bill Telford`s Hawk, and was furious that the pace car held them at 30-40mph!

Waiting to go out:

New Pit straight & wing, from the Greyhound:

Could there be a better way to spend a summer`s evening?

Russell takes Keith out, as his Ace was heading the parade:

The REV joins the Cobra parade:

And some AC track action:

Compare the angles of Ace and Cobra, Ben Cussons being lapped after a spin earlier in the lap!