Author Topic: pictures from Goodwood  (Read 5164 times)

trevorc

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« on: November 07, 2010, 21:04:34 »
12 months ago I posted some pictures that I took at your owners club meeting.  I was pleased with the results then so yesterday with a couple of hours to spare I popped in again and got a few shots that I‘m pleased with.  If you’d like to see the results they are at

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/trevorfcarpenter

My favourite picture is the silver Cobra

Trevor

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 16:14:02 »
Very nice - thanks for sharing them!

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 17:39:23 »
The Sprint went well & i believe the drivers were very pleased with the marchals & officials assistance & help, it would be nice to have more entries & possibly make the event earlier in the year.
   Well done to all.

Robin

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 12:52:04 »
Trevor,

Many thanks for sharing the pics. Some interesting cars around.

Robin,

Ref more entries: I would have loved to come and enjoy a ride on the historical and mystical circuit. However it's late in the year and weather wise not an ideal period to travel some 1200 kms for the sake of being able to just do some 5 or so laps at Goodwood. Also start fees are quite high, considering the limited number of laps one can do.

Constant

aaron

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 18:37:33 »
Some more photos from the event here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/19634747@N00/

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 20:17:01 »
The reason the event is in November is that the circuit hire fees are prohibitive for available slots earlier in the year.  The weather has been consistently better since it was changed from summer to November, although it is colder!  Break-even is about 55 entries, which this year we had.

aaron

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 23:40:23 »
Well said admin,this is a great event,and the weather was great last weekend.To have the event earlier in the year would mean higher costs to rent the circuit for the day,meaning higher costs to the guys and girls who bring there cars to this event.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 15:00:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaron

.....To have the event earlier in the year would mean higher costs to rent the circuit for the day,meaning higher costs to the guys and girls who bring there cars to this event.

I believe it is already very high now, given the limited time on the track per car.
   I raced in a Lotus Elite type 14 (1961) the weekend before at Dijon-Prenois, having half an hour of trials and a full hour of racing for the cost of 150 £. In October at Spa we had a day of training at the cost of 240 € for 5 x 25 minutes uncrowded track use (about 35 cars). The same tariff applied at Hockenheim in August for an equal amount of track-time.
   I can see that I will have to put some X-mas gift money aside if I want to add Goodwood on my list of circuits used  :-)

TLegate

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 17:59:41 »
I recall the day when you could have Goodwood to yourself for £400 and bring all your mates to smoke around at will. Mind you, 'twas a kings ransom for a poor boy like me at the time (but I did get round in a Volvo 145 estate - my handling of the chicane remains the stuff of legend - and my Porsche 912. Blagged rides in 39PH, Lola Aston T70 and ex-tarmac rally works 911 Carrera etc....Happy days, gorn forever)

aaron

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 18:52:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

I recall the day when you could have Goodwood to yourself for £400 and bring all your mates to smoke around at will. Mind you, 'twas a kings ransom for a poor boy like me at the time (but I did get round in a Volvo 145 estate - my handling of the chicane remains the stuff of legend - and my Porsche 912. Blagged rides in 39PH, Lola Aston T70 and ex-tarmac rally works 911 Carrera etc....Happy days, gorn forever)

Trevor, I think your legendary rides around Goodwood could have been down to what you were smoking at will with your mates !!   [:)]

TLegate

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 09:58:23 »
The only thing we smoked in those days were tyres (and they tasted 'orrid)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 16:24:31 »
Maybe we should do the international around my hometown of Amsterdam next year?

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 01:29:11 »
Actually, there was a plan for the international to be organised in Holland 10 years ago, in 2000 if I am not mistaken. We even had one or two meetings with some of the Dutch members to discuss how to make this happen. However, unfortunately it never materialized.

Jerry

aaron

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 14:13:27 »
I agree, tyres dont taste nice and they seem to burn for hours [:)]

A good thing too that the Sprint has stayed at Goodwood,it would have been alot of extra expense for people to take there cars across the water .

shep

• View Profile
pictures from Goodwood
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 17:37:36 »
Hi Aaron, Years ago we used to hire Goodwood for the day, and all our mates would chip in £100 and have as much track time as they wanted. Whilst we may bemoan the increase in cost and decrease in track availability, I applaud Lord March for his Revival Meeting which is a feast for us 50-something autophiles. Looking on flikr.com I love your moody Black and White photo of me in the Ace Bristol at the 2010 Goodwood Sprint. Any chance I could buy a 10x8 print from you? Thanks for posting on the Forum.