Author Topic: Leather cabin edging.  (Read 65161 times)

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2009, 13:41:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

I shall attend the anniversary dressed as Ken Miles - I feel it only appropriate

I just imagine you posing on the bonnet of a Cobra; suede shoes off ...

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2009, 14:01:51 »
Hi Trevor,
   I think you have misread the dress code guide, it said  "six pack body style, the watch, the sunglasses and not to forget the suede shoes." That does not mean you turn up on the day with a six pack of beer.
   I'm sure you already have the  watch, the sunglasses and the suede shoes and you also have a little over 38 days to work on the six pack..........see you down the gym then ?

But then again, a six pack of beer may be more useful.
   Cheers - John.

Mark IV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2009, 14:50:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by 1984MkIV

quote:

The "real American hero" DSG did it all; Indycar, F1, sportscars, endurance, sedans and NASCAR!! And he won in all of them! Plus his efforts at building cars for himself and his teams right up to the last "AAR Eagle/Toyota" Indycar which while not a great sucess, was one of the prettiest cars in the field.

I just read that Phil Remington worked for Dan. Is this right? For which period did he work for him?

He was with Dan in 1970 when a friend of mine worked there building the Barracuda Trans Am cars. Phil has been with Dan since and has been working still at least part time doing fab work and on the Alligator Motorcycle project.

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2009, 21:12:16 »
quote:

He was with Dan in 1970 when a friend of mine worked there building the Barracuda Trans Am cars. Phil has been with Dan since and has been working still at least part time doing fab work and on the Alligator Motorcycle project.

He´s really a great guy. He and Ken Miles transformed the V8 powered AC Ace into a championship car so called Cobra. Modest and down to earth as he is he called it "just a few changes", when I talked to him at SAC.

Any more answers concerning the gasoline brand?

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2009, 23:20:33 »
No answer? I think I have to change the forum! Well, I have to admit, this question was the most difficult! Here is the solution:

Note the checkered theme!

Again the quiz master takes possession of my soul: What is historically wrong on the picture (well, the ad was done by one of these promotional monkeys, who have a strange approach to what we call truth!).

Any idea what type of car is in the background?

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2009, 23:27:42 »
Sorry,

when I searched for Parnelli Jones I found something concerning dress code and checkered anything.

Does anybody know the secret of the meaning of the Route "69" badge?

REV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2009, 18:14:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

I shall attend the anniversary dressed as Ken Miles - I feel it only appropriate

Trevor spotted doing his "Ken Miles six pack impression" [8D]

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2009, 23:23:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by 1984MkIV: Tell me about Cobra Performance, I never heard of them!...Michael

It took a while to find, but I quote from an article about Brian Angliss` Cobra Parts company in MotorSport, June 1975:
   "...Angliss` biggest customer is Cobra Performance, Sacramento, California, who took over the Shelby Organisation as official Cobra stockists. They can`t obtain many of the rolling chassis parts..., Brian can`t obtain many engine & gearbox parts in England, so there is something of a reciprocal arrangement."
   So if this is in ANY way linked to McCluskey,(which as I mentioned the 'LOST' chassis that he was to build up, I feel it is!) I claim the prize of an evening of fun with the Buffums, models, who, on second thought, are probably now older than my mother...[xx(]
   So I`ll just take a 'well done, you' instead![;)]

Incidentally, check this quote too:
   "...Angliss finds it difficult to put a price on a complete rebuild with all-new parts, but on average it would be about £10,000. On top of that, an original Cobra car/chassis would have to be bought upon which to base the rebuild..." So, about £14,000 all-in then?! [:D]

It´s different to Hi-Performance Motors, isn´t it?

1984MkIV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2009, 23:30:41 »
PS: Before you order parts for your Cobra, check prices (use phone number which is specified in the ad). I don´t know if the ad is up to date.

Michael

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2009, 10:47:23 »
Damn paparazzi, they got me again...!!!!

Oh SIX-pack I thought you said s*x-pack

REV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2009, 12:27:15 »

Still you're in good company!  [:0]

Mark IV

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2009, 13:25:03 »
You guys over there wouldn't REALLY let him be King, would you? I mean, him as "next in line" is just a joke, right? It is a joke, right? Really?

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2009, 14:30:37 »
One is far from amused Mr.Muck. Silence in the Colonies.

Moi - a perv???! OK, fair cop.....

nikbj68

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2009, 15:25:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV: You guys over there wouldn't REALLY let him be King, would you? I mean, him as "next in line" is just a joke, right? It is a joke, right? Really?

From the country that brought us 'Dubya', whom I quote:

"Let me start off by saying that in 2000 I said, 'Vote for me. I'm an agent of change.'
   In 2004, I said, 'I'm not interested in change --I want to continue as president.'
   Every candidate has got to say 'change.' That's what the American people expect."

--George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 5, 2008...

Glass Houses & stones, Sir. Glass houses & stones...but you CHOSE yours! [;)]

quote:
Originally posted by Trevor 'L*****':   Moi - a perv???! OK, fair cop...

He doesn`t JUST take photos of Cobras you know. [8D]

And long may it continue!!!![^][^]
   (Throws own hat into the ring!)

TLegate

• View Profile
Leather cabin edging.
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2009, 17:21:40 »
Hmmm, time to consult my lawyer. And I want that screen-saver back young Bagshaw.....