Author Topic: 2 Litre Saloon - RPE 664  (Read 2461 times)

Major

• View Profile
2 Litre Saloon - RPE 664
« on: May 17, 2011, 22:36:52 »
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dave Maskery and I live in Sheffield.
   I bought this 1952 2 Litre Saloon in 1967 from a local car dealer with the unusual Christian name of Major. As a result of my purchase, we became firm friends (hence my user name) until his death some years ago.
   I entered the car in the ACOC Concours at Old Warden in 1968 and it achieved best in class and best engine. I still have my KBR trophy. I entered the car the following year and the car won best in class again.
   I sold the car in 1971 to a friend who sold it on after a short while. It moved out of the area and I lost track of it. I have been wondering if the old car is still going and if it is owned by a member of the ACOC. If anybody knows of its whereabouts or has any information about it, I would appreciate their letting me know.

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
2 Litre Saloon - RPE 664
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 00:55:05 »
According to the 2007 register the car still exists.
   It is chassis EH1877, engine UMB1878 and the colour is stated as beige.
   Last known or current owner would have to be N.J. Reed-Rees. The car was re-registered 1952 AC at some point but the old registration is still stated.

Jerry

Major

• View Profile
2 Litre Saloon - RPE 664
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 16:42:00 »
Jerry,
   Many thanks for that. The original colour of the car was beige. Some years before I bought the car, it was returned to Thames Ditton for a complete overhaul and a repaint in Rouge Irise. When I sold the car, I passed on the handbook and all the paperwork, including the Thames Ditton Invoices. Hopefully, they may have survived with the car.
   When I was a member of ACOC in the late sixties I met a number of really nice people. I particularly remember Graham Enfield who was very helpful to me as a newcomer and a bit out of my depth. Does anybody know him and is he still a member?
   Dave.