Author Topic: Aceca Fuel Pump replacement  (Read 2649 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca Fuel Pump replacement
« on: November 28, 2011, 00:34:56 »
Can anyone tell me the correct replacement fuel pump model for a '58 Aceca, with the pump mounted on the engine block? Moss and others have a variety that look similar, but I'd like to know for sure if anyone has replaced theirs with one of these.

Peter B.
Peter B.

Peter Hoskin

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 02:06:08 »
Hi Peter Bowman, I have an AC engined Aceca and I obtained an overhaul kit and a conversion to electronic kit from Burlen Fuel Systems who look after SU, Amal, & Zenith.
   Email info@burlen.co.uk   web www.burlen.co.uk

I dont know if my pump is original but ran well since 1976.  You must stipulate 'Suction' and 'Positive Earth'.
   They have new pumps as well as parts.

After overhauling my reserve pump I fitted it alongside the original and it tested out ok but failed after 20 minutes running.  I re-tested and ok but failed again after 20 minutes. In each case I was able to swop over to the original which works well.  Burlen suggested that some old solenoids fail when warm, presumably an insulation breakdowm.  I dont think the fault lies with the conversion kit.

Hope this helps

Peter Hoskin, Canberra, Australia

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 21:41:05 »
Thanks Peter. I found that an Austin Healey 100 SU pump works as a replacement - ordered one from Moss and I swapped out the old one in about 15 minutes, and the new one works great.
Peter B.