Author Topic: MkIV Buyers Guide in Classic Cars  (Read 6312 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
MkIV Buyers Guide in Classic Cars
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 07:13:29 »
You raaaang?
   The Master`s pictures, for your delight and delectation:

If you need a hand with anything else....

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 09:05:35 »
Many thanks Lurch.

I feel that last image is uncalled for - I shall have to run it past the moderator ;-) Cancel my trip to Anglesey!!

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 10:05:14 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor LegateMany thanks Lurch.
   I feel that last image is uncalled for - I shall have to run it past the moderator ;-) Cancel my trip to Anglesey!!

I simply show that I`m on hand whenever required!

Knowing that your trip here involved the words 'shotgun' and 'you`ll thank me one day'...I should be a little relieved.[:0]
   I`ll tell them to re-open the bridge.
   Phew. [^]

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 11:48:56 »
Hi Trevor,
   Yes thanks I had a great time driving through Sussex in the sunshine[8D].Good to see you last weekend at Goodwood and great photos of the Cortina. Was the driver Frank Sytner ? He certainly had Frank's eleven tenths driving style and was going really well right up until the tyre wall jumped out in front of him. It was interesting the way he just got out and walked away leaving his pit crew to sort things out. I think if I'd just smacked my pride and joy into the tyre wall I would take a little more interest in the damage.
   Have a good one - John.

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 17:08:18 »
Hi John

Yep, was indeed Fearless himself (as I discovered when I downloaded the photos). I doubt he gave it a second thought as he has his minnions to take care of such trivialities. I saw the guys checking the suspension (bent track rod etc) and having spent the winter fettling the car, the expression on their faces said it all!!! It was hardly his 'pride and joy', just another ticket to compete at the Revival, maybe. No doubt a good dinner in Monaco was more on his mind.....

I was back at the circuit on Friday to see the ex-Willment Cobra of Shaun Llyn beng exercised and it is certainly going well! One heck of an engine in that car, now that the 289s can be coaxed to give around 400bhp. Good to see a car like that in the hands of a genuine, caring & knowledgable owner. At least I was able to get more photos of his Cobra and GT40 although I was sat in the passenger seat of his GT40 to go out for some on-track photography when smoke began to fill the cockpit - even I know that it's time to evacuate :-) The alternator had jammed solid...