Author Topic: Frua Chrome Bits  (Read 2600 times)

mikemall

• View Profile
Frua Chrome Bits
« on: July 15, 2009, 12:28:21 »
I have had all my chrome lost for my 428 convertible - a restorer, who turned out to be a complete cowboy, managed to send every bit to a re-chromers & then forget it was there until they went bust & everything was destroyed!

I have managed to get quite a lot but am still missing the rear number plate lights (the ones that slot into the bumper) & all the chrome for around the front screen & door pillars & the sill strips, front air vent surrounds & door trims as well as the trim that goes around the rear of the cockpit.

Any help will be gratly appreciated.

Thanks
   Mike

cliffordl

• View Profile
Frua Chrome Bits
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 13:05:36 »
Mike

Every best wish with your search. The general concensus seems to be that the chromework was supplied and fitted by Frua in Italy. Given the way the body was formed all of the parts should in theory come from other Italian manufacturers but as yet there has been little real success in identifying which ones other than Alfa for the rear lights.
   Try the usual suspects - Andy Shepherd, Brian Eacott, Brooklands Motor Co and Hawk cars otherwise Englishman, Cobrajet and others are all restoring cars at the moment and may be able to help.
   Also do let the forum know what you have managed to source especially if you have identified a shared manufacturer/model.
   If you get stuck and need to photo/measure the relevant parts you are welcome to come and see my car in Sussex.

Cliff.

mikemall

• View Profile
Frua Chrome Bits
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 13:35:05 »
Hi Cliff,

I got the bumpers from Harringtons (excellent - made in Vietnam), the front indicators from Brian Eacott & I actually still had the rear indicators.  My restorer sourced a rear badge but I'm not sure from where although I believe these are readily available.  Andy has promised me a nose badge when they're ready.

I'll keep posting as & when I find stuff &, as I said before, all help will be much appreciated.

Mike

mikemall

• View Profile
Frua Chrome Bits
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 18:24:26 »
Update on spare chrome bits:
   The rear badge was from Gerry Hawkridge, Hawk Cars, 01892 750341.  I got the Frua badges (front wing) from Stefan Dierkes <info@pietro-frua.de>, and door handles from ClassicAlfa.com.  There are also front indicator assemblies on sale at http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220452616299.