Author Topic: Two Fruas for Auction  (Read 12473 times)

cliffordl

• View Profile
Two Fruas for Auction
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:24:07 »
CF38 and CF59 both up for sale at H&H in June http://www.classic-auctions.co.uk/index.php

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
Two Fruas for Auction
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:08:27 »
http://www.classic-auctions.co.uk/

The estimates are:-

CF38 £65,000
   CF59 £35,000

Mark-Anthony

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Two Fruas for Auction
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 17:57:12 »
CF38 looks like a very nice car!

We will see!

Emmanuel

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
Two Fruas for Auction
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 15:18:59 »
Hi Emmanuel

I saw both the cars when I went to buy one of them (I did leave my comments on both cars on this forum under their chassis numbers).

They are both nice motors but one needs work and the other one doesn't.

CF 59 I drove - nice car, needs work, and more work money than I can afford in the end, or so my wife tells me!

CF 38 Needs nothing (I didn't drive it but boy did I hear it!).  It has been "breathed on".  I cannot begin to describe the quality of the paint and bodywork - it's that good.  At auction I suspect that this car could be a bargain.  No it won't be cheap but Yes it will probably cost you an awful lot less than it would to get CF 59 to this condition.

I paid Big Al to throughly inspected CF 59 so if you want to find out what it's really like call him.

If I only had the money . . .

One day . . .

Mark-Anthony
   CRS#22

Classicus

• View Profile
Two Fruas for Auction
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 15:50:39 »
quote:
CF 59 I drove - nice car, needs work, and more work money than I can afford in the end, or so my wife tells me!

How about a rolling resto. as I think Clifford's doing with CF 25, keeps it in the Club at least. Guess what I'm really saying is I'd also like to be entertained with several year's worth of multi-asterisked highly pithy comments !! [:p]

cliffordl

• View Profile
Two Fruas for Auction
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 12:23:21 »
The vendor is a highly recommended (by Gerry Hawk) bodywork restorer who also owns a convertible Frua. If anyone needs bodywork he's the man.

As to my rolling resto - I've purchased everything needed by way of bushes etc for the suspension and these (hopefully)will be fitted over the next few weeks. The variations in what may or may not have been used by AC are wide but GH has made his best guess and we'll see what happens. Individually the parts are reasonably priced (mostly due to the goodwill of GH)but my do they add up!

An alloy waterpump from Edelbrock is on it's way from Summit Racing and as listed before GH will soon be ordering up alloy rads.

That's a good years budget spent...but hopefully to good effect. I may even get some photos for you along the way.

Cliff

Classicus

• View Profile
Two Fruas for Auction
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 12:49:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by cliffordl

The vendor is a highly recommended (by Gerry Hawk) bodywork restorer who also owns a convertible Frua. If anyone needs bodywork he's the man.

Any idea of the convertible Frua's CF number for the Register in case it's not listed ?

Looking forward to the pics [:)]

Paul

cliffordl

• View Profile
Two Fruas for Auction
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 15:22:41 »
Lot 16 the better example - unsold

Lot 51 the red car £35,000 plus premium.

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
Two Fruas for Auction
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 17:36:35 »
Hi Clifford

Any idea what the bidding stopped at for Lot 16 (chassis CF 38)?

Mark-Anthony
   CRS #22

cliffordl

• View Profile
Two Fruas for Auction
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 09:43:38 »
No idea, I just got the results. I'm sure H&H will be willing to put an offer to the vendor alternatively I could track him down for you (and save someone the auctioneers fee)

I'm told the car is very clean but I guess there's a limit to how many people want to buy a Frua at that level (and also how many knew about the sale).

Cliff.

Mark-Anthony

• View Profile
Two Fruas for Auction
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 12:50:03 »
Hi Clifford

I've seen the car and it is stunning.  Sadly out of my price bracket currently.

Anyway I have a feeling that classic car prices are due to take a kicking over the next few years and, frankly, with E-types at £80,000 it's about time.

Mark-Anthony
   CRS #22