Author Topic: Big Cobra feature in the next Octane  (Read 3152 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Big Cobra feature in the next Octane
« on: August 19, 2009, 11:56:12 »
The next edition of Octane magazine, which is due out in the next seven days, has a feature article on the Cobra. It is a fourteen page feature article with some great photograph of members cars. The magazine organised the photoshoot at Brooklands on the Tuesday after the club's 60th anniversary event at the track and I would like to thank all of the members that very kindly agreed to bring their cars back to Surrey for the magazine. As you will see from the article we were very luck with the weather and there are some great images of our vehicles. A few club members were there with their cameras and we hope to contribute an article to the club magazine soon.

This edition of Octane also includes a two page update on the MkV.

It was a challenge rounding-up fourteen Cobras to be in the same place at the same time so thanks again for all your help and support.
   Cheers - John

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 20:01:52 »
John, is it the September or October issue (I have to order the magazine; it is seldom on sale in the shops in Germany)?

Michael

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 11:46:35 »
Hi Michael,
   The next edition of Octane is the October one and it goes on sale next week (26th August). If you have a problem getting a copy, let me know.
   Cheers - John.

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 18:38:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

Hi Michael,
   The next edition of Octane is the October one and it goes on sale next week (26th August). If you have a problem getting a copy, let me know.
   Cheers - John.

Hello John,

thanks for your kind offer - no problem to order it here when I know the issue! I got the August issue which included the Mk VI article without problem. The parents of my daugthers girl friend have kind of a newspaper booth and Octane is on the huge lists of magazines they can order! The only thing is - it is expensive here: 11,50 EUROs as far as I remember!

I was on the Octane homepage
   http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/front_website/octane_shop/
   where you can order older issues, including:
   Octane magazine November 2007
   - Le Mans Cobra
   http://shop.instant-shop.com/Octaneshop/picturepage?pic=3400536&table=pictures
   Octane magazine January 2009
   - Greatest race cars ever (different personalities chose the best racing car in their opinion - guess what Carroll Shelby chose).
   http://shop.instant-shop.com/Octaneshop/picturepage?pic=3790536&table=pictures

Also you can buy a print of the painting of the January 2009 cover, which I really like.It is 43cm x 34cm and 95 BPD plus 5 BPD shipping (8,86 Europe and 11,86 rest of the world).

http://shop.instant-shop.com/Octaneshop/picturepage?pic=3800536&table=pictures

Michael

duggan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 15:12:51 »
It's now in the shops - haven't had a chance to read the article, but the pictures are great!

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 15:21:09 »
A little late for this issue, but if you fancy the next 3 issues for £1, Click HERE.

(Shame the cover was Photoshopped to death, revived, then photoshopped to death again!)

1984MkIV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 22:50:36 »
quote:
(Shame the cover was Photoshopped to death, revived, then photoshopped to death again!)

So better look at the unphotoshopped pictures from this forum: