Author Topic: Andre Hartford Teli Control Dampers  (Read 12206 times)

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Andre Hartford Teli Control Dampers
« on: March 01, 2009, 16:47:23 »
What experience do owners have of the hydraulic pressures & for how long do they hold pressure?
   I am advised that normal pressure is about 100-PSI is that what owners find?
   Just fitted my system on 16/80 so any 16/80 owners could assist.

Thanks

Robin

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 19:23:05 »
I run mine at 90 and seems about right.  Slow loss of pressure over the winter - woke the car up this afternoon and went for a run around the block and pressure down to about 60 front and rear but haven't looked for any leaks yet (no puddles on the garage floor).  There was a minor weep last year from one of the dashboard control units but nothing obvious today - will investigate further but if nothing obvious will just screw in the adjusters a bit and see what happens.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 20:33:48 »
Bryan
   Thanks for info, i expect i will chase a few leaks over time, the pressure i have gained is from the front reservoir pumps which i had to re-make as the originals were rotten, have obtained 150 quite easily this way so i will back them off to say 80 & use the under dash controls!
   I do not know why i have gauges reading up to 400 PSI though!
   I wonder how many cars still have them active?
   Now this is done & the engine project is working i can get on & put the 16/80 together starting with connecting the electrics again & fitting the dash.

Regards Robin

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 15:42:16 »
David Moroney refitted his Telecontrols and was very pleased with them.  I think Steve Hall had problems getting spares when he finished his 16/80 a few years ago but was toying with the idea of refitting them when I saw him last.  Not sure whether Alec Jacobs has them on his drophead.

The leak on mine was just a union on the back of one of the control units that was not fully tightened.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:00:18 »
Still Chasing leaks in the under dash controls, have been advised to solder a 1/4'' copper tube over the 3/16'' short pipe which fits into the pressure bag to gain better initial seal, the surface condition is also important.
   The best & only place for these parts is Graham Brown VCSA 020 8651 5347,they also reproduce the under bonnet pump units in brass.
   The bronze balls & stainless springs for the none return valve i obtained from a model steam engine outlet, i can dig out the supplier if anybody needs them.

Ronin