Author Topic: AC CL series engine wanted  (Read 3959 times)

Dale W

• View Profile
AC CL series engine wanted
« on: February 10, 2015, 02:32:59 »
Hi folks. We're putting AEX162 back to its original configuration. We've been very fortunate in that we've recently managed to acquire many, if not all, of the pieces pulled off the engine when it blew up 50 years ago. We now have the intake manifold with carbs, exhaust manifolds, generator, radiator, fuel lines, linkage, radiator fan and a box full of smaller parts. What we don't have is an engine or transmission. Obviously a complete engine would be preferable so we don't have to source cam, crank etc, but we'll look at whatever you have. As well, a complete transmission is preferred but we'll look at what you have. Please email me at dale (at) focusauto (dot) com.

Thanks!
   Dale

alexG

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 20:42:38 »
Hi Dale, I would try Rod Briggs, advert in Action, or just go to:
   http://www.ac-6.co.uk/
   What Rod doesn't have on AC engines probably isn't worth having!
   Good luck, AlexG

alexG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 20:50:34 »
Hi again Dale, in my haste I forgot to add that this is all we have on the register for the car, so if you can add anything that would be good for future records. If you need any of the below deciphering, let me know. Many thanks, AlexG
   AEX 162   Ford V8    02.07.56      Silver/Blue   To LA, USA   Silver/Blue   E Hess   USA   Discovered' March 2012. Original engine CL 2293

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 22:09:15 »
Hi Dale,
   It might be worth contacting aceaceca (Ron Sykes), in his most recent posting of December 15th he mentioned that he was building up a CL engine from parts he has left over from  a couple of AC's he used to own. As he no longer has a car maybe he plans to sell the finished engine?

Regards Luke.

Dale W

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 16:50:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by alexG

Hi Dale, I would try Rod Briggs, advert in Action, or just go to:
   http://www.ac-6.co.uk/
   What Rod doesn't have on AC engines probably isn't worth having!
   Good luck, AlexG

Excellent info. We'll get in touch with Rod.

Thanks!
   Dale

Dale W

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 16:52:56 »
quote:
Originally posted by alexG

Hi again Dale, in my haste I forgot to add that this is all we have on the register for the car, so if you can add anything that would be good for future records. If you need any of the below deciphering, let me know. Many thanks, AlexG
   AEX 162   Ford V8    02.07.56      Silver/Blue   To LA, USA   Silver/Blue   E Hess   USA   Discovered' March 2012. Original engine CL 2293

Not much to add at this point. The car is stripped of paint and has been for many years, possibly decades. It is now in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. At some point hopefully we can update with a new drivetrain and color...

Dale W

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 17:06:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by Klassik Metall

Hi Dale,
   It might be worth contacting aceaceca (Ron Sykes), in his most recent posting of December 15th he mentioned that he was building up a CL engine from parts he has left over from  a couple of AC's he used to own. As he no longer has a car maybe he plans to sell the finished engine?

Regards Luke.

Thanks Luke. I'll see what his intentions are...

Cheers,
   Dale