Author Topic: AC 427 S/C Continuation  (Read 31538 times)

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2007, 02:09:55 »
By the way, I hate to do that, but I can resist no longer! these MKIV guys drive me nuts, in the Mark IV forum in the "Mark IV Invoices/forms/etc." thread, WHERE IS THE NAME AC? I see autokraft LTD (with a KKKK) but I don't see AC anywhere. I guess there is A.C. under the model designation but thats it (A.C. with points after the letters not to infringe on the AC Trademark). What does it say on top of the invoices? I rest my case!
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Having just a little fun at the expense of those who care so much about names!
   Emmanuel

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2007, 02:46:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

But as Kirkham make their own 'K' logo pedals - why you need AC logos? Am I missing something here? Back in the good old 80s, AC were gearing up to jump heavily on anyone using and abusing the AC script logo. I doubt it would happen now for many reasons, but I still get tempted to take a large hammer to some of the lesser 'kits' that carry that logo on the bodywork - visit the Stoneleigh Kit Car show for the full horror....maybe I can become an ACOC vigilante, being paid a bounty for every 'Cobra' destroyed for insulting the COPYRIGHT logo. I reckon a couple of sticks of gelignite under the lid should sort the problem. OK - discuss...

You know what Trevor, even so I don't try to pass my car for an original, it already has the Cobra logo on the steering wheel, an original 427 block, original gages and various other original bits, so why not the pedals as well. I have tried to recreate a car that can't be differentiated from an original. The car does not inflict any shame on the AC name! My current AC pedals are cheap and badly made, All the replica pedals I have seen are that way!

Emmanuel

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2007, 14:44:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld

By the way, I hate to do that, but I can resist no longer! these MKIV guys drive me nuts, in the Mark IV forum in the "Mark IV Invoices/forms/etc." thread, WHERE IS THE NAME AC? I see autokraft LTD (with a KKKK) but I don't see AC anywhere. I guess there is A.C. under the model designation but thats it (A.C. with points after the letters not to infringe on the AC Trademark). What does it say on top of the invoices? I rest my case!

The "AC" was in the model name....WITHOUT the "periods" as they were NOT used to avoid "infringing" on the trademark, they were LICENSED to use the trademark!

Buy the way, it is February.....care to argue that point?

Rick[:D]
   Emmanuel

jbottini

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2007, 17:22:46 »
he probably wii argue it

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2007, 17:28:35 »
Actually, in the Chinese calendar!!!!! Just kidding!

Emmanuel

Chafford

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2007, 18:34:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

quote:

Emmanuel

The "AC" was in the model name....WITHOUT the "periods" as they were NOT used to avoid "infringing" on the trademark, they were LICENSED to use the trademark!

Rick
[:D]

I like the MkIV because like the originals it was handbuilt in Surrey by many of the craftsmen who built the original cars (and to a much higher standard!). AC cars were in continuous production from the 1960s up to the time Brian Angliss acquired the AC licence to produce the MkIV in the early 80s, so there is a link between the original cars and the MkIV. It's a real AC.

I also like the AC Cobra MkIV because it has its own distinct character. Angliss to his credit wasn't attempting to produce yet another 427 S/C clone  (no offence to S/C fans [:D])

And a further bonus is that MkIVs are unlikely to drop in price so you're likely to get your money back if you have to sell at any stage.

Chafford

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2007, 17:12:57 »
quote:

MarkIV

A poor example of a MkIV interior, in my opinion.

This (below) is much more typical of the MkIV's quality:

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2007, 18:55:41 »
This was an early one! AK02 Emmanuel yes the interior is nice but it is not a Cobra, just a nice car! The reckless personality is gone, too much weight, not enough power but a nice car nevertheless.

dave

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2007, 01:04:04 »
test

dave

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2007, 01:08:09 »
Is Emmanuell still around?
   Just thought I'd let him know I have a Kirkham build booked in. Due in the next couple of months.[;)]
   (Really looking forward to it.)
   P.S. Brushed finish 427 SO. Top loader. £60K OTR.

aaron

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2007, 17:38:09 »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by dave

quote:

Dave, I have nothing against kit cars, quite the contrary, A friend of mine just bought one of those Jaguar C type replicas, the car is awsome, just like the original, 1800Lbs, amazing, I would love to have one! I think you are mistaking about the handling of Cobras' They handle so much better than other 60s' cars, but that's for another day. Why not build a new sports car? with a new body style? Why build another Cobra? Boring??????????? Emmanuel

Hi Emmanuel.
   I feel there are too many people trying to reinvent the wheel with new car designs and they either look like they belong in Toys R Us (Do you have those in the States?) or some sort of space ship that will travel at 800 Light years an hour. They do nothing for me. I still like the Cobra shape, E type jags do nothing for me neither do Ferrari enzos. The major manufacturers don't always get it right when designing a new car and they have mega budgets what chance does the little guy have. The only things that are sensibly budgeted in the UK that have that "Scary" look about them and are as scary as they look are TVR's and they have now gone.......Well almost.

I believe that a sports car should be front engined, rear wheel drive with no turbos or super chargers and more torque than you can shake a stick at. Without designing something that does not embody the Cobra in some way and still meet all the above is going to be near on impossible.

Dave

I agree 100%, the $5.5M, car is virtually undrivable and reached this amount just because it was one of a kind Shelby car (Sorry 2 of a kind since there was a second one built) plus it's automatic!

However, there are some center or rear engined cars I would not mind owning!
   There is nothing like the feel of a 550hp big block in a 2000Lbs car. I have never felt that in any other car I have driven.
   [;)]
   Emmanuel

Maybe its automatic because you would not have time to change gear with all that excess power ........ [^][:)][:D]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2007, 18:49:02 »
Hi guys, I am still here. I am just really busy at present so I don't get to write that much. I just sold my Kirkham, actually traded it for a absolutely gorgeous concours 1958 XK150SC DHC, I owned it for over 4 years. However, I still have the 428 and this one is a keeper. I want to do a bit of rallying over here and I needed a 50's car. Besides, I always wanted a 150. If anybody is interested: http://www.xkdata.com/cars/detail/?car=S837309

Emmanuel [:)]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2008, 21:53:40 »
I am going to change my daily driver. I bought this gorgeous convertible DB7 Vantage Volante with very low mileage and it was great until we had our first rain here in Southern California, the result was $12,000 of repairs which luckily for me was paid for by the insurance company. We had to replace both engine mgmt computers as well as the transmission computer. To this day I don't know how the water got in and the dealer does not know either. I don't have room in the garage so the car has to stay out. Now, my driveway has a very steep angle and I guess AM did not plan for this. My next daily driver is going to be a Porsche which I feel is the best engineered most fun to drive sports car today. Maybe a new 911, a cayman S or even maybe a very low mileage, very clean late model air cooled 993 which is viewed by many and by myself as well as the ultimate rendition of the 911. All this to say that there is nothing wrong about center or rear engine cars. I think the problem with modern cars is the weight, and all the gimmicks  that the car manufacturers install in the new cars. There are very few modern cars that I like, most of them are boring or just plain ugly or packed with useless crap. I would love an Elise but it's really not convenient for daily transportation, it's just too small for me.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2008, 22:12:21 »
quote:
Originally posted by dave

Is Emmanuell still around?
   Just thought I'd let him know I have a Kirkham build booked in. Due in the next couple of months.[;)]
   (Really looking forward to it.)
   P.S. Brushed finish 427 SO. Top loader. £60K OTR.

Dave, I am dying to find out how your Kirkham turn out!

Emmanuel [:D]

AC66

• View Profile
AC 427 S/C Continuation
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2008, 19:27:21 »
How would one identify a 427 S/C 'Continuation' car built by AC in the 1990s? Are there chassis numbers & engine numbers? I have heard that these cars where built with Ford 302 4v carburator engines?

Thanks for any info.