Author Topic: AC Bonanza - Brooklands NYD  (Read 2461 times)

SJ351

• View Profile
AC Bonanza - Brooklands NYD
« on: December 30, 2015, 20:14:13 »
Overwhelmed by the response of AC Owners Club members and general enthusiasts alike for New Years Day. The weather is looking very positive too. It is fitting that the AC marque wlll be represented so well at Brooklands where AC Cars set many records in the 1920's and, the winners' cups will be on display. It was also only today decided that the original factory ledgers for both AC Cars Thames Ditton and Autokraft cars will be put on display for the first time. The display will also be supported by a significant number of AC cars from all eras. Follow the Team AC facebook page for updates - 'Team AC facebook' will take you there in your browser.
   Once again, all are welcome to browse and learn more about the full AC story.

SJ351

• View Profile
AC Bonanza - Brooklands NYD
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 19:31:40 »
Thank you to everyone who braved the cold to come today. It was a pleasure to talk AC's and there were over 20 AC cars present from all eras. My favourite was the genuine 289 Cobra that was recently liberated from Tokyo and will stay for some sympathetic restoration work. I was also rather partial towards the 428 convertible - it's difficult to believe you could hardly give them away at one time.

Several ex-factory employees were also on hand with some really interesting anecdotes - cars catching fire in paint ovens while in their custody and the like, as well as stories about prolific or eccentric AC customers that they dealt with. The factory ledgers also brought a few smiling faces to AC owners when they found their cars listed. Ultimately, it's all about the cars and I am already looking forward to next year.