Author Topic: Loose Flywheel on 1951 2 Litre Saloon  (Read 3287 times)

Gordon Rainbird

• View Profile
Loose Flywheel on 1951 2 Litre Saloon
« on: April 20, 2010, 22:50:06 »
The flywheel located just behind the crank shaft pulley at the front of the engine has come loose and is rattling around. What do I need to do to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated.
   Many thanks. Gordon

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 23:04:02 »
This sounds like the Crankshaft Damper disc has become un-bonded, you ideally need to have it re-bonded or find a new damper from somebody, i believe Rod Briggs might have some reproduction dampers.
   You could also cotach Brian Taylor & see if he can assist as he did have some made some time ago!

Robin

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 18:11:20 »
Have contacted Brian Taylor who has the crankshaft dampers in stock so he can do an exchange deal with you for a New/Recoditioned damper Contact phone number  01547 530 498
   You can rely on Brain's parts as being correctly manufactured with the correct bonding material & process.

Robin

Gordon Rainbird

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 22:29:50 »
Thank you for going to so much trouble on my behalf Robin. I really appreciate it. I shall contact Brian tomorrow. Kind Regards. Gordon

mike smith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 22:39:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by Gordon Rainbird

The flywheel located just behind the crank shaft pulley at the front of the engine has come loose and is rattling around. What do I need to do to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated.
   Many thanks. Gordon

mike smith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 22:44:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by Gordon Rainbird

Many thanks. Gordon

Evening Gordon

You will need a completely  new metalastic damper and pulley they are a bit thin on the ground Stuart Wallace was advertising one in Action  a few months ago If it has gone try Rod Briggs by the way are you still looking for a starting handle as I have just found one in my shed

Mike Smith