Author Topic: Sew-on or iron on patch needed  (Read 3702 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Sew-on or iron on patch needed
« on: April 18, 2011, 20:57:06 »
Does anyone have a spare Cobra, AC or AC Owners` Club patch that I could purchase, as I want to put one on some racing overalls for the The 289 Register & GT40 Enthusiasts` Club`s joint track day!
   Our regalia secretary is unable to supply in time for the event, as is the bloke on eBay I just purchased 2 from!!!
   Thanks in advance( & hope!)
   Nik.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 14:09:05 »
Thanks very much for some offers of help that sadly wouldn`t work out logistically, in particular, Gus.

BIG thanks to Sir Cobra of Cobham and the Rev Limiter for unstitching a badge from his bestest winter fleece & sending it special delivery to ensure I got it...I owe you more than just a pint & a fruit-based drink for the lady!!! Something for the desk, maybe?

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 19:13:33 »
If you look very carefully, you can just about see the badge from Cobham returning after one of many fast laps around Donington.

What a great circuit, I sampled it as a passenger in a RAM427, Hawk 289 & Superformance GT40, and my Dad was taken out in the Hawk and then by Nigel Hulme in the GT40 too, what a treat!

Click on either pic to view a gallery of the day.

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 20:25:01 »
Looks like you had a good day  [:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 23:15:31 »
Hard to put into words, matey, totally fantastic!

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 17:15:43 »
original or Superformance GT? Not that it matters, I think the SPF GT 40 Mk 1 is incredible!

Gus

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 17:45:19 »
Tis the Superformance (Shelby) UK demonstrator with Rousch grunt. Still in the process of having its bugs developed out, but quite a beast. Painted in the colo(u)rs of the defunct Brawn team...partly my fault I think, but in the metal it looks amazing....

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 23:54:49 »
There were in excess of 30 GT40`s at Donington, one or 2 of which were original, but blimey, I couldn`t tell which ones! I think there were at least half a dozen different 40 replica manufacturers` products there(maybe more).
    The Rousch motor gives over 450lbft of torque so it goes up the hills as fast as it goes down them and I WANT THAT CAR! Even in the Marmite colourscheme (You either love it or hate it, for those not familiar with Marmite).
   You should have been there, Mr.L!

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 11:56:30 »
The drag to Donington is long and VERY boring...I need it moved closer to moi! Anyway, that bad boy lives 5 miles down t'road from me so why haul oop north to see it?

I reckon it's more fun taking that car on the road that going round and round a track ;-) Slower of course, but Fun....and not a little scary sometimes!