Author Topic: Silverstone Classic:  (Read 12286 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic:
« on: April 17, 2009, 15:14:00 »
Silverstone Classic: It looks as though the event will attract a few Cobras and Aces out on to the track

http://www.classicdriver.com:80/uk/magazine/3700.asp?id=14146

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/index.php

aaron

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic:
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 21:11:30 »
I hope so as they have doubled the entry price this year.

TLegate

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic:
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 14:12:58 »
Hmmm - was the Cobra homlogated prior to Jan 1st 1963? I think we should be told.....

The price increase is due to the hefty six-figure loss incurred last year and a desire by the new organisers not to get hit with that kind of 'problem' (and it explains the huge influx of Harley-Davidsons to the event. £££!! :-)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic:
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 18:37:25 »
Obviously they snould have added a few extra quid ON TOP as they have now lost Carlos Santana ( and the *****cat Dolls) from the 'Rock' half of the Rockin` & Racin` weekend...to be replaced by dull-as-ditchwater-pre-pubescent-girls`-favourite-has-beens, Blue.

Oh My God. Censorship filter-a-go-go! You can`t even write the word Pussycat !!!

TLegate

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic:
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 19:54:18 »
I bet you didn't write '*****cat' originally....... :-)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic:
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 21:51:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

I bet you didn't write '*****cat' originally....... :-)

LOL. Did you?
   Ways and means to actually write Pussycat and have it show up...but it`s a surprise it`s taken 3 years for me to need to! [:o)]

A-Snake

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic:
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 00:18:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

Hmmm - was the Cobra homlogated prior to Jan 1st 1963? I think we should be told.....

Smoke and mirror or simple BS…

The 260ci Cobra was homologated in November 1962 by the FIA. Homologation papers also certified that 100 289ci had been built by November 30, 1962.  I don’t believe any 289ci were built until January 1963.

At least Cobras finally reached a hundred cars, Ferrari GTOs never did. [:D]

TLegate

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic:
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 11:36:44 »
So only 260-engined Cobras can compete!! :-) Must inform the scrutineers immediately!  (I did wonder, just couldn't be ***** to check my records. And that was not the Banned Word but another word I censored myself - it's all so complicated on a cat-hating website)

aaron

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic:
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 00:40:42 »
Maybe the organisers paid Britains Got Talent band Escarla too much money last year,as the Historic Festival has been the same price for the last 3 years for a weekend ticket.

Carlos Santana and the Pus*ycat Dolls wont be playing at Silverstone,Santana have cancelled aload of gigs as the band are being sued,and one of the Pus*ycat dolls are ill !!{bless her , she`s only got 5 weeks to recover !!}

I would imagine that this car will be racing at Silverstone ,its CSX 2049 ,fresh out of the box for this years racing season !!

Apparently its got a Ford 260 engine under the bonnet !!

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic:
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 10:20:33 »
News Re. Silverstone Classic 2009

Have already booked tickets for Silverstone Classic this year ?

The evening concert elements of the event has been cancelled as previously advertised, although the Pu$$y Cat Trolls may still be playing but at the moment that's not confirmed.

The organisers have been refunding tickets including the race day tickets and asking people to re-book, but not all purchasers are aware of this. I suggest anyone who has bought a ticket to call the hot-line, check and re-book. The details are here:

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/news_details.php?newsid=18

There will still be concerts throughout the weekend, but these are now free.

aaron

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic:
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 21:01:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

News Re. Silverstone Classic 2009

Have already booked tickets for Silverstone Classic this year ?

The evening concert elements of the event has been cancelled as previously advertised, although the Pu$$y Cat Trolls may still be playing but at the moment that's not confirmed.

The organisers have been refunding tickets including the race day tickets and asking people to re-book, but not all purchasers are aware of this. I suggest anyone who has bought a ticket to call the hot-line, check and re-book. The details are here:

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/news_details.php?newsid=18

There will still be concerts throughout the weekend, but these are now free.

John, I will look through the photo`s from last years W&W`s and send you a couple of photo`s.

I personally couldn`t care less if there are a couple of pop bands playing after the racing,after being out for the whole day and doing plenty of walking,carrying my camera gear around,I am more than happy to get back to the campsite and chill out with a few beers [:p]