Author Topic: Brooklands Centenary Photos.  (Read 12277 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Brooklands Centenary Photos.
« on: June 22, 2007, 19:13:42 »
Below are a series of photographs from the Brooklands Centenary Celebration on 16th/17th June 2007, the first 3 are from Trevor Legate, all the others are from Steve Gray who organised the AC display.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 21:08:24 »
Thank you for showing us the photo's of Brooklands, were there no Pre War AC cars ?
   I realise my car should be by now ready for the road but unfortunately not, so i could not offer anything apart from original AC Weller engine bits.
   If there are any photo's of the pre war cars it would be nice to see them?

Regards

Robin

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 03:42:33 »
What is the light green Aceca? I know the dark green prototype (I drove it)and the black Lotus powered National Motor Show car, but have no knowledge of the light green car?

Nice Brooklands Aces....

Rick

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 11:53:38 »
Rick that is the definitive Aceca - it has a 4.6 litre quad cam 5 speed tremec - ive driven it and it goes very well , rare to find an adult 4 seater grand tourer - it will avalible for sale shortly unless i decide to own it - cheers Steve

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 12:02:21 »
Ps i cannot take credit for the photos ,they are from my friend Peter Burn (Motorsport).... he did the Ac Heritage Book Photos , Im sure Trevor has a few more , perhaps hes  keeping them for his next book ....Cheers

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 16:03:16 »
AC Heritage,

The proto Aceca I drove in 1999 was a 4.6/5 speed but was dark (BRG metallic) green. I agree, we were quite impessed with the car and concept. In fact, I rode to Heathrow from Weybridge in the back seat with all our luggage in the boot! The black motor show car was under construction the last time I was there (October 1999) and there was one more Ace chassis on the surface plate being stretched to Aceca specs. I didn't think that car was ever completed, is that the light green car shown here?

To bad Luby fiddled while Rome burned, these had the potential of being quite nice. And the Brooklands Ace had it ever been "locked down" in specification could have been a nice car. I know what AC paid Hi-Tech in South Africa for the painted body shell/chassis unit and with proper management, AC could have sold them at a realistic price point with a nice profit. I still want a Brooklands Ace here in the US for a driver.

Max Allan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 22:12:32 »
Mark 1V Being a left hooker built to US spec (US style running lights) ACE 94T would be ideal States import. Make me an offer I can't refuse!!

The Aceca belongs to one Piers Martin. I think he has two - one bought from AC partially built (the green one pictured, which is probably the incomplete one you saw) and the other bought from AC as a body shell, which he's just completed.

Max

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 14:02:13 »
I found a link on Photobucket to a COLLECTION OF PHOTOS taken by a chap called "SAGALOUT61", Who appears to work as a track marshall.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 19:59:19 »
Rick -the Brooklands Ace are a great car and fantastic value - The Mk 4s are becoming more and more valuable as they are now a "classic" some being 25 years old ! Great feedback on the event thanks [:D]

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 09:49:59 »
Nick and Steve,
   Thanks for sharing the very nice photos with us and those who could not make it over the pond this time.
   Regards
   Constant