Author Topic: Brooklands Double Twelve  (Read 2311 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Brooklands Double Twelve
« on: March 05, 2013, 13:55:04 »
The Brooklands Double Twelve this year is on 15th – 16th June. The club had a display at the event last year was well received and we plan to have a bigger display this year but the format has changed slightly from previous years. Due to the success of the event and space constraints, the Saturday will now be the main day for car clubs to display their cars. The Sunday will still have limited space for display cars, but probably less than 10 places for the ACOC.

I have been talking with the organisers and it would be really helpful if you could let me know if you are interested in coming along to display your car on the Saturday.
   Please email me and I can then make sure we have enough space on the day. john@moonlightmedia.co.uk

FYI – info on the event
   http://www.sportscardigest.com/brooklands-double-twelve-festival-2013-information/
   http://www.sportscardigest.com/brooklands-double-twelve-festival-2012-photo-gallery/

Some members enter the driving tests and concours etc and others display their cars. If you wish to do more than display and polish your car,  this is the link for the driving tests, concours and  speed trials. www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/double12/

I look forward to hearing from you – let’s have a good turnout for the club.

PS: Since I broke a halfshaft competing at last year’s event and trashed the diff last week at the Press Day for this year’s event – I will be content to just polish the car this year.

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Brooklands Double Twelve
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 12:10:55 »
FYI from Brooklands re: the Double Twelve. Please note this is separate to the club displaying our cars. Please email me if you would like info either for the display or competition - John.

Dear AC OWNERS CLUB,

The Double Twelve Motorsport Festival is getting closer and we have some wonderful cars already entered but we still have many vacancies for the Concours on the Saturday. This year we celebrating several anniversaries: the Aston Martin Centenary, the centenary of the Vauxhall 30/98 and the 50th birthday of the glorious Mercedes-Benz Pagoda. We would also love to see representative cars that have raced at Le Mans as it is the 90th anniversary or the first running of that other 24 hour event! Bentley of course made their name at both Le Mans and the original Double Twelve and we are looking forward to seeing a mixed class of both pre and post war cars in this class. The other D12 classes cater for every sort of motor car as you now know but we have opened up yet another class for open wheel racing cars. Each class can accommodate 12 cars so do please get your entry in soon as these will fill up quickly I am sure. If you haven't already done so, do look at the links on the left and send in your entry! I'd be delighted to discuss your car if you have any questions.

The arrangements for this years Double Twelve have changed slightly allowing car owners to choose between entering only one of the events and either coming on the Saturday or Sunday for the Speed Trials, the concours or the driving tests or doing the full Double Twelve and entering two of the three sections: either the concours and the driving tests or the speed trials and the driving tests or even the speed trials and the concours! I hope that the new format will prove as popular as in previous years. The better flexibility offers more chance to come and enjoy the great atmosphere of Brooklands and take part in this historic motoring event. If you can please let me know about your entry as soon as possible or have any questions I would be happy to put you in touch with the event organiser if you are thinking of entering.

john@moonlightmedia.co.uk

SJ351

• View Profile
Brooklands Double Twelve
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 00:40:09 »
Hi John,
   AC Heritage are also putting on a display of AC and other eclectic cars again this year. I believe a number of AC Heritage/Brooklands Motor Company longstanding clients of Steve Gray have been invited to show their cars at the top of the Test Hill. I will be bringing two Cobras so there will be quite a few AC`s present in two locations.