Author Topic: ACOC tour of the Pyrenees 2013  (Read 3588 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
ACOC tour of the Pyrenees 2013
« on: December 19, 2012, 18:48:55 »
Picturesque Pyrenees 2013

29th May – 7th June,

The ACOC Picturesque Pyrenees 2013 tour currently has twelve cars on the list which I’m happy to say is enough to run the trip. Having listened to feedback regarding the previous trip there are two slight changes to last year.

1) We will aim to keep mileages to approximately 150 miles so you will NOT be expected to chase your tail to a quick lunch stop and then dash on to the next hotel. There will be time to enjoy the drive and the food. Please click the link for details of the mileages and hotels.

2) Many people were not keen on the daily ritual of check-out of the hotel re-pack the car and push on to the next place. Where possible we plan to stay in a hotel for two nights before moving on. It’s a holiday, not a rally.

This is a link to trip details, photos and costs.

http://www.driveespana.com/sites/driveespana.com/files/AC%20Picturesque%20Pyrenees%202013.pdf

The trip  is designed to enjoy some great scenery, driving, food and hospitality in some of the best of Northern Spain and the Pyrenees border
   with France. This nine night tour will take participants to some of the most spectacular parts of the border area with
   great scenery and fantastic driving. A night in San Sebastian at the end of the tour will also allow participants to
   sample one of northern Spain’s great coastal cities.

What is included.
   - Return ferry with outside twin cabin
   - Good quality hotels
   -Dinner bed and breakfast at all hotels
   except San Sebastian which is bed and
   breakfast
   - Map and roadbook.
   - Experienced Tour Leader.

Price £2250 per car with two occupants.
   For more information or a booking form please contact me:

John Norris on 0207 250 4770 or email
   john@moonlightmedia.co.uk

BBK

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 14:53:03 »
John, that sure looks like a wonderful trip!  All I can say is if I were on your side of the "pond" I would definitely go!

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 13:23:14 »
Hi Robert,
   Thanks for your kind words, we're hoping for a great trip. It's a really nice area to drive.

BBK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 17:10:16 »
It looks beautiful.  I would love to drive it sometime.  Perhaps one of these days, I can ship my Mk IV over and tour England and the mainland area.  It has been about 30 years since I have been to Europe, so I am about due!  If the International takes place here in the U.S. next year, perhaps you can ship TACO over for some fun in the California sun!

bobbylangley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 10:02:46 »
TACO? Hot car Mr Norrris...
   [:D][:D][:D]

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 16:08:34 »
There are a few points to update you on regarding the trip to the Pyrenees :
   •   We still have space if you would like to join the trip.
   •   The payment of the balance becomes due at the beginning of March.
   •   Those of you who expressed interested in the event and have not yet completed the booking form – please don’t leave it to the last minute as confirmation and payments for hotels and ferries will made soon.

Thanks - John.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 07:41:14 »
Hope that I will not be the only continental member travelling down to Spain via France! If someone has interest to team up for part of the trip, please let me know.

Constant

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 16:44:21 »
Great to have you on the trip. FYI We now have 14 cars signed up and a couple of members thinking about it.