Author Topic: Aceca selling at Barrett Jackson Auction in Jan  (Read 4466 times)

AEX542

• View Profile
Aceca selling at Barrett Jackson Auction in Jan
« on: December 27, 2013, 18:06:17 »
Hello all,

We will be selling our most recent restoration at Barrett Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale, AZ on January 18th

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1275.1&aid=525

I will try to get some better photos up here as soon as I get the shots from our most recent photoshoot

Jim A

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 17:37:16 »
I thought I would like its looks better.
   No emblem, strange bumpers and something not quite right with the grill.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 13:44:46 »
Jim & Austin.

Great colour suits the Aceca, and I like the clean look... No gutters above door and window. OK in California not sure about UK.....Tooo much bloody rain.

Personally the Cobra style over riders are some what too heavy for the front and the top edge of the nose appeares a little to far forward than produced from AC's genuine/original buck.
   Reference the Grill, is it painted body colour or is it picking up  and reflecting the body colour..[?]

Lets be positive, It's nice to see another AC Aceca back on the Road, even if no longers runs its correct Straight 6 engine.

Keith..[:)]

AEX542

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 18:59:41 »
The grill is the original, it has been disassembled and rechromed, in the picture it is just picking up the glare.  I used the Cobra style overriders because I didnt like the way the factory bumpers mounted to the body on the front or the rear and i wanted to tuck them in a little closer for a really clean look, thats also why i didnt install the emblems, i shave those away on every build we do.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 17:11:49 »
Wow, £58K for an Aceca, even if not original looked quite nice. I wonder if the Market is going a little soft? Seeing a MkIV Cobra at £55K and this shows something. I believe a top end concurs will always get a top $ but anything else, will be down to original / history of the car. I see many cars now on the Market for months and months not moving, a couple have been for sale over 18 months.

What people need to remember is I have restored 3 Aceca's and they cost a fortune to restore. If I bought again, would get a top of the line needing no work. If body off, etc. then you can now say over £80K is required.

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 00:14:19 »
I saw this car, it was nicely done for what it was, but I still think it was crazy money for a resto-mod Aceca. But it is Arizona in January, and those TV lights make people do strange things. Interestingly, the Aceca Bristol at RM, which was very nice and correct, was a no sale at a bid of $140K USD. I know the care could have been bought for $165K all in (including commission), which would hav equated to a $150K hammer price. Maybe being right-hand drive kept the bids down.
Peter B.

Aceca Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 22:08:59 »
Does anyone know the chassis number of the Aceca Bristol recently offered by RM?  And what was the venue and date of the auction - a direct link to the lot would be best.

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 22:44:28 »
http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1064536

Looks like BE772

Graham