Author Topic: Owner's Photo compilation  (Read 16597 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Owner's Photo compilation
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 05:52:34 »
That's a gorgeous 'aceca, I believe I've seen it on some website. Are you in England or state side? good to see you have an AC engine, that's what I have going in my car. did you put some paper airfileter in your car, like a K&N inside the wire mesh to make it a little safer?

Gus

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 07:03:01 »
Thanks for the compliment, Gus.  Your restoration is absolutely beautiful.  Can't wait to see pictures of the finished product.

I'm stateside, in California.  Being a relatively new owner, I have to confess that I'm not sure what you are talking about regarding the air filters.  I would really appreciate your elaborating on the subject, as I'm sure would others.

Greg

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 14:57:27 »
AS i am now rebuilding the AC engine, The carburettors are getting serviced as well. I am going to cut down some paper airfilter, or see what K&n has to replace the oiled wire mesh inside the filters to ensure better filtration. Also i was wondering if your car has discs or drums. Mine is a 59 however I believe it was really an older car (56) titled first in 59. It has drum brakes and i am converting to front discs. Braking was dismall. Ps I'm in Michigan, not like we could meet up for a drive sometime unfortunately.

Gus

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 16:25:14 »
wow, that is a beatiful Aceca and I love aex125, really great stuff

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 05:48:57 »
Gus,

Thanks for the info on the air cleaners.  I think I will do the same.

Regarding brakes, my car has the original factory front discs which seem to do a pretty good job, although I have not really put them to the test.  Yes, the distance does definitely preclude meeting up for a drive.  Too bad.

Greg

nanard289

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 20:30:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by terry3000me

Details will be included in the March edition of ACtion. Eric Gates is again organising the AC display.

Terry

Thanks for your information Terry. I hope to be able to participate at this meeting. After all Silverstone is not so far [;)]

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2007, 03:23:11 »
Here are 2 pictures of BEX316.

Regards,
   Jerry

jbottini

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2007, 15:04:44 »
Gentlemen, Truly great shots of various vehicles of the mark...keep them coming. When it warms up enough to drag AK1113 out, I'll shoot some and post. jim

Max Allan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 14:43:47 »
As nanard289 suggested, a dedicated gallery of photos with perhaps a brief mechanical specification, but devoid of “chat”, would be an excellent idea.

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 19:20:18 »
Great idea, I like the idea of a picture and specification.

Max Allan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 23:36:24 »
IMG]

Brooklands Ace. Chassis No: DX1044

Documentation includes letter from AC Cars stating vehicle was exhibited at 95 Detroit Motor Show (authenticity doubted).

Engine mods include: Airflow Research alloy heads, Trickflow intake manifold, Ford Racing 65mm T/B, Crane 1.7:1 ratio pedestal rr’s, Ford Racing stainless headers (ceramic coated) and conversion from head bolts to ARP stud fixings.
   In addition, heads and upper/ lower intake were port matched, doweled and finish generally improved. Estimated output 300-310 bhp

Extensive steering & suspension mods to improve handling and ride.

Current project: conversion from auto to 6-speed manual transmission.

Wish List: Twin-screw supercharger setup

nanard289

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 19:57:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by Max Allan

....Current project: conversion from auto to 6-speed manual transmission...

Max, you have a nice license plate number [;)] About your manual transmission conversion, did you find enough space to locate an additional master cylinder to drive the clutch? Engine compartment looks crammed full [:)]