Author Topic: Lime Rock 60th and Simeone Automotive Museum  (Read 1474 times)

Cargirl

• Exceptional Car Broker
    • View Profile
Lime Rock 60th and Simeone Automotive Museum
« on: April 27, 2017, 19:50:39 »
The Simeone Automotive Museum in Philadelphia is going to coordinate an exhibit and other events based on Lime Rocks's 60th anniversary this summer.

We are going to do a show at the Simeone Museum featuring cars that raced in the initial LR event in April of 1957.
   The event at the museum will be called "Legends of Lime Rock" which is what Lime Rock is calling there event as well.
   The Simeone event will run from August 12 through August 29th.  We will kick the event off with a dinner and talk with a known driving personality to be announced.  I will put together events to coincide with the exhibit.  I really want this to be a celebration of drivers and so those events will reflect issues of the times. Again - ideas are in their infancy but we have a deep well of information and ideas and experts from which to work.  Also I am open to suggestions.
   I have been in touch with Rich Taylor of Vintage Rallies in CT.  Rich and his wife Jean are going to put together a rally between the Simeone Museum and Lime Rock.  We will leave  the morning of August 30th - a caravan of the cars featured at the exhibit with the owners each taking a driver from the 50's with them.  We will invite other cars to join us along the way and we will have an overnight somewhere in the Catskills.  On Thursday morning we will head out to Lime Rock and hook up with the Lime Rock rally to kick off the event.
   I have a list of the cars that ran that I will try to post but in the meantime I will need an AC Bristol for the show.  Evelyn Mull and Jordan King both drove one in the inaugural event.  It would be a dream to get Evelyn's car - and then I could do an event on women in racing - but I don't believe anyone knows where that car is.
   Also I will be looking for sponsors..  Line up now!