Author Topic: AC line up : Brooklands Museum, New Years Day  (Read 2714 times)

SJ351

• View Profile
AC line up : Brooklands Museum, New Years Day
« on: December 08, 2015, 21:23:52 »
I visited Steve Gray again today at his AC Heritage, Brooklands facility and he shared his updated plans with me for the New Years Day meeting. The workshop and showroom will be opened up and a stunning line up of customer AC cars will be on display. These include a period MK 111 Cobra, Bruno Ferrari's Mille Miglia Ace, the Mary Seed Australian Land Speed Record Ace Bristol, Greyhounds, Aceca's, Ken Rudd's Racing AC engined Ace, the Peking to Paris unique 1927 Weymann bodied sedan and a beautiful AC 428 Convertible. Later cars include a Mk1V CRS and an AC Superblower with a very rare factory hard top. In fact there is just too much to list and work will continue behind the scenes over the next few weeks. Over 55 Period AC Trophies won by AC Cars at Brooklands and other meetings in the 1920's, which include records set by drivers such as Kaye Don, JA Joyce and SF Edge will be there too. For the Brian Angliss Autokraft enthusiasts there will be cars and artifacts from that period and a 1965 Team Shelby liveried race hauler that was part of the recent Goodwood Revival Daytona display will also be present.

All are welcome to come and browse and enjoy. You just need to turn up, preferably in your classic car, and line up on the banking with a couple of thousand other cars. That alone is worth a day out.

Brooklands Motor Circuit, Brooklands Road, Weybridge KT13 0QN

SJ351

• View Profile
AC line up : Brooklands Museum, New Years Day
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 19:18:38 »
It amazes me how much of the Thames Ditton and Autokraft archives are at AC Heritage - over three decades of liberating and conserving the history of  our cars. I feel like I am in the role of an archivist sometimes. But back to the topic and a brief update from this morning. Already several ACOC members have commited to be at Brooklands and are 'Tour De Force' with their AC's. Just a taster : a 2 Litre Saloon, a 2.6 Ruddspeed ACe, 289 MK 111 Cobra, AC Frua, Vintage Cars etc. It will be wonderful to present our unique cars to the Public and everyone will be welcome.