Author Topic: AC MkVI  (Read 82703 times)

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2014, 09:22:56 »
Well, yes, I guess that a fourth one shall be institutionalized: 4. mañana.mañana !

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2014, 12:44:21 »
Hey Rob, any news from your side? How's progress?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2014, 13:00:03 »
   SLOW...  Bloody  Slowwww.

Back to the Future.....

Should have ordered a De Lorean..[B)]

Keith ..[;)]

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2014, 14:01:42 »
happily, the AC were substantially faster on race tracks ;-)

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2014, 17:09:25 »
So for the curious ones, under:

http://www.manuandfuci.ch/projects.html#Heyda

I added three new pictures by courtesy of AC Automotive in Heyda, as it is a slideshow, be patient, they shall come at the end.

So this is what I ordered, I can confirm. The steering wheel is disassembled, but I hope it is already available (I presume, as the tyres have some dirt), just the chrome stoneguards are missing so far, a detail (of importance in our countryside).

As said, I entered the last lap now, and I have to admit that my "passion" has dimmed quite a few (and patience is on the reserve). I am probably getting mature. I had quite a lot of fun sharing my journey (and do not worry, you still will read me, I am not finished) with the enthusiasts, the less enthusiasts and a couple of sceptics. Here I could sense a significant bunch of sense of humour. That helped.

Anyway, the car looks awesome (probably not so awesome for the purists, I am Swiss and used to some extent to compromises) but this is not a Photoshop hoax or a 3D-Pixar-rendering.

Mañana.mañana !

CLD

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2014, 15:33:58 »
Hello

I am rather late to the AC party but my aim is to try and get my hands on a car with  a touch of "driveable" AC authenticity  so  struggling with the philosophical question of whether to aim for something original(ish) that I can "drive like I stole it" (phrase shamelessly hijacked from another thread), an ACheritaqe continuation build or throw caution to the wind and embrace the brave new world of the MK VI.

So in terms of the last option I am very curious as to how your MK VI project is getting on.

I am too late to share your pain but I'd love to be able to piggy back off your success!

Colin

jbottini

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2014, 23:02:58 »
Howi is your level of tolerance.

CLD

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2014, 23:53:23 »
quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

Howi is your level of tolerance.

Now you mention it I do sound more and more like Victor Meldrew each day.

I suppose the upside of a lengthy production cycle is that its easier to prevaricate over my wife's refurbishment plans when there isn't a new AC parked out front.

Colin

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2014, 09:07:37 »
Well, well, well, for me the journey started 4 years ago in 2010 when I had the privilege to drive one of the first prototypes of the Mk VI (http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/ac-mkvi) and ordered an AC Mk VI in April 2011. If you cruise through this thread you can then follow up what happened or rather what not happened since.

So again as James wisely asked: what is your level of tolerance?

TLegate

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2014, 11:09:35 »
Maybe they mature the thing like a fine wine. On the other hand......

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2014, 11:47:33 »
I would buy a CRS MkIv and you can then also do the wifes refurbishment plans,and buy some fine wine.

Graham

CLD

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2014, 12:24:29 »
Perhaps cheese rather than wine is a good analogy - reading through the full thread does seem vaguely reminiscent of a certain Monty Python sketch.
   I'm not the most perceptive type but I think even I can pick up on the underlying message that May delivery didn't happen. I hope it does soon as the car looks very nice indeed.
   A MKIV may well be the best way for a newbie to enter the world of AC so sound advice. Thank you.

TLegate

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2014, 15:50:49 »
Very sound advice! Buy two and I'll give a home to the spare (if you don't ask, you don't get)

Spantik

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2014, 12:57:56 »
A Mk IV is for sale this Saturday at the Grand Dolder in Zürich:
   http://www.oldtimergalerie.ch/d/auktion/Juni2014.htm

http://www.oldtimergalerie.ch/images/auction/accobramkiv.htm

And a Mercedes 300 SL, very rare in that configuration

shep

• View Profile
AC MkVI
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2014, 15:52:05 »
Also there is a Mk IV for sale at the Bonhams Auction at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on June 27th. Lot 382, 1989 Met Blue with white stripes and hood scoop. Looks nice, est 65-75k pounds. Also a Thames Ditton Cobra (check with Robin Stainer first) and a LHD AC-engined Ace.