Author Topic: Lowering the front end of an Ace  (Read 3276 times)

aex125

• View Profile
Lowering the front end of an Ace
« on: October 20, 2006, 06:36:46 »
The front end of my Ace sits a little higher that I would like and I was wondering if there is a way to lower it a bit, without removing leafs from the springs.
   Thanks,
   Jay Peterson
   AEX125 is almost ready for paint [:D]

ken.davies

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 17:41:37 »
A piece of metal the same width as the spring leaves, 1 inch longer than the distance between the spring mounting bolts (measured across the car) and as deep as you want to lower the front of the car placed under the centre of the spring. Depending on how far you want to lower the car you may need to fit longer spring mounting bolts. This will lower the car and very slightly increase the negative camber on the front wheels. The increase in negative camber will improve cornering grip and turn in but only very slightly.

This worked very well for me on AE108 which was also lowered by having new springs made up which were lower and shorter than standard (both front and rear). I my case the metal plate was placed under the front spring to lower it even further for racing and its removal gave slightly more ground clearance for road use.

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 22:03:58 »
AEX125 ready for paint? It already looks quite nice in its current light blue. I guess you meant its neighbour AEX1078? [:)] BTW my car also sits a little high at the front.

Jerry

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 05:45:45 »
Ken, Thanks for the response and welcome to the forum. Jerry, this question is from a couple of years ago before 125 was in paint, but since the is the first response I received on the question, it will help when I finally come back to it.
   Jay