Author Topic: Latest Update for Goodwood Sprint  (Read 6064 times)

hawk289

• View Profile
Latest Update for Goodwood Sprint
« on: October 31, 2012, 20:09:59 »
All,

We are nearly there, this is the last year I will be doing the sprint and same for John Spencer. So please come down and support your club, if you have not been before it is brilliant. We hope good weather will be occurring on the day. Also if you are interested in knowing more about the sprint and want to discuss either role of Paddock Marshall or Secretary of meeting just come and see me or John. We will be running around but always good for a chat.

So latest stats

1. We have 15 AC entered, which is just brilliant. Need to check but largest entry for me. Also 1 AC engined Car, more Cobra's

2. We have 61 Entries, down on normal full field. But not bad, so still time to enter. Normally get 3-4 this week still.

Thanks and see you Saturday.

John

SB7015

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 19:38:03 »
Thanks to all for organising and executing a first class day.
   The weather was kind to us all. The weather which turned from a damp over cast start in to blue sky and sunshine. Sad to see no replacement for the two Johns but our thanks for their running the show a long with all their other helpers and marshals who have done a fantastic job running a smooth ship as usual.

Thanks for a great day.

Malcolm & Sarah

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 13:10:48 »
A few photos taken towards the end of the morning sessions as the track was starting to dry out.

Andy Shep in his Ace

Kevin Kivlochan in COB6008

David Coleman in his Lightweight

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 13:49:15 »
Thanks to all for another excellent day - and especially to John and John for their stalwart efforts.

Next year's event has been booked, but we do need a Secretary of the Meeting for it to happen!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 23:12:56 »
John A, John S, and all those who made the day possible..

Thank you !!![;)]

A brilliant well run event, Bloody slippery in the morning,  which proved entertaining and a education.... dried out by lunch time to give ideal track conditions.

Nice to see so many familiar faces and many new AC members and Competitors,  A good entry of AC's  supported by a great eclectic  mix of non AC's.

Last but not least...  Thank you Barry (Son) for the loan of your Ford Anglia Twin Cam.[:p]..[:)]

Hopefully there will be a ACOC Sprint in 2013.

Keith..[:)]

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 15:53:45 »
All thanks for a great weekend, really enjoyed this sprint, very relaxing. Will be sending out results in the next couple of days, also will do the normal article for Action.

As stated, I have confirmed we will be there in 2013, but need a new paddock marshal and Sec of Meeting. So if you want to have a great experience and get to know some really great people just give me a shout.

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 23:26:34 »
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

"A brilliant well run event, Bloody slippery in the morning"

"Last but not least...  Thank you Barry (Son) for the loan of your Ford Anglia Twin Cam."

I watched this Anglia slipping and sliding out of the pitlane in the morning ![:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 23:43:42 »
Aaron.

Only 2nd time in the drivers seat, Four new tyres with 30 miles of road use.

Barry and Craig were at Woodcote so missed the Antics of my First ever Launch.....

Initiation by Fire .[}:)]

Launched better for timed runs leaving long number 11's.[;)]

Seriously Would love to see some pictures. Especially of the spin coming out of Lavant on the morning run.
   Took plenty of Flack from Barry, Craig and so many others for the next hour...[;)]

Thankfully didn't disgrace myself in the Afternoon, Pity couldn't get a few more runs..  Oh well next Year ..[:p]

Keith ..[:)]

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 18:24:25 »
quote:

Aaron.

Only 2nd time in the drivers seat, Four new tyres with 30 miles of road use.

Barry and Craig were at Woodcote so missed the Antics of my First ever Launch.....

Initiation by Fire .[}:)]

Launched better for timed runs leaving long number 11's.[;)]

Seriously Would love to see some pictures. Especially of the spin coming out of Lavant on the morning run.
   Took plenty of Flack from Barry, Craig and so many others for the next hour...[;)]

Thankfully didn't disgrace myself in the Afternoon, Pity couldn't get a few more runs..  Oh well next Year ..[:p]

Keith ..[:)]

Keith, send me a pm and I will email you some pics, I did not get any of the car sliding out of the pitlane as I was by the chicane,so too far away for any photos.

I would imagine that there were not any people at Lavant in the morning, I do go out tha way myself sometimes, but spent a lot of time chatting to people rather than taking photos !

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 18:35:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol: Seriously Would love to see some pictures...Keith ..[:)]
Peter took this beauty showing Keith`s line through the chicane:

And you can compare his Anglebox line to his Ace attack from 2006:

NICE!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 18:30:12 »
Peter De Roussett-Hall  and  Aaron Gee .

Thank you for emailing me some great pictures.[:)]..Appreciated.[;)].

Will arrange to get two framed and give to Barry as a Thank you prezzie for loan of Anglia.

Thank you Nik for posting Peter's Picture on the Forum along with picture of BEX333 at ACOC 2006 Sprint.... Similar line, Maybe...  BUT is it the correct Line.[?].[?].

Great event.. Thanks to all for organising and running a Brilliant Sprint meeting.

Keith ..[:)]..[:)].

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 21:47:25 »
quote:
Originally posted by hawk289

All thanks for a great weekend, really enjoyed this sprint, very relaxing. Will be sending out results in the next couple of days, also will do the normal article for Action.

As stated, I have confirmed we will be there in 2013, but need a new paddock marshal and Sec of Meeting. So if you want to have a great experience and get to know some really great people just give me a shout.

John,

I thought you were the new Sec of Meeting ! I honestly did not recognise you. Keep In Touch you have done a great job of running this event over the last few years.

aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 21:32:59 »
quote:

Peter De Roussett-Hall  and  Aaron Gee .

Thank you for emailing me some great pictures.[:)]..Appreciated.[;)].

Will arrange to get two framed and give to Barry as a Thank you prezzie for loan of Anglia.

Thank you Nik for posting Peter's Picture on the Forum along with picture of BEX333 at ACOC 2006 Sprint.... Similar line, Maybe...  BUT is it the correct Line.[?].[?].

Great event.. Thanks to all for organising and running a Brilliant Sprint meeting.

Keith ..[:)]..[:)].

No worries Keith, that is my last Motorsport event for 2012.

Its back to the wildlife photography for the next few months.

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 09:17:31 »
@aaron, next year is my give back year to the world. I plan to do 4 100 mile cycle races now I have lost all that fat. I have a lot of friends around the world so I plan to do 4 cycle races in different countries. Should be fun, also I will be out more with the AC's I hope now the kids are a bit older. I will post the results for everyone asap, it was a great sprint this year and I will miss not running it next year. We have the date already of 2nd of Nov 2013 for people to mark the calendar.

A special word of thanks to John Spencer and my helper Richard Stubberfield who does an excellent timing board. Also to everyone who helps me over the last number of years.