Author Topic: CL Engines fitted to Ace & Aceca's  (Read 2120 times)

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
CL Engines fitted to Ace & Aceca's
« on: September 03, 2009, 16:34:05 »
I have been asked several times if i can supply replacement shell bearings for the engines, unfortunately these are not now available in the after market which leaves owners with a serious problem.
   One solution is to invest in a new Crankshaft & find bearing shells to fit the housings, this is expensive.
   It might be possable to have a special batch of bearings produced but this is going to be expensive & will require the support of the club & owners to fund it, i am investigating this & will make a proposal if i am able to get a manufacturer to quote!
   Another option which may be possable is to find some existing shells which could be adapted to fit the housings which would offer the journal diameters required, i have some details i am investigating but it will probably require block line boring of the main housings & grinding the journals to suit.
   It would help if the owners could indicate what solutions they have devised to this problem.
   Robin

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
CL Engines fitted to Ace & Aceca's
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 17:16:02 »
Just to inform you that i have now had a response from Mahle Racing division who is looking into the manufacture of a special batch of CL Bearings, i will keep you informed of the results & if positive i will make a proposal on behalf of you owners.
   I would suggest though if the Club is to seriously consider investing in this project it will need your total support, so far i have had no response on the matter,so you will need to convince the Club to spend funds to stock the bearings if the project is viable.