Author Topic: Aceca fuel level sender  (Read 2498 times)

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca fuel level sender
« on: March 08, 2010, 03:14:35 »
When I turn on the ignition on my AC powered Aceca, the fuel gauge jumps slightly off 'E', but won't register any higher. It used to work properly, so I think the sending unit is stuck or misbehaving. Now this sounds stupid, but how do I gain access to the sending unit? I assume it's fitted into the top of the gas tank, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get to it. Please don't tell me I need to drop the gas tank! Help!

Peter
Peter B.

Ian Rogers

• View Profile
Aceca fuel level sender
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 22:19:23 »
Under the spare wheel on my 1955 Aceca is a circular cover on the boot floor. There was a screw which when loosened allowed the cover to rotate open and give access to the sender unit. This is secured by 6 bolts. The unit is from a Sprite/Midget. I think this is standard however if the floor of your car has been replaced at some time the access cover may have been omitted.

I hope this helps

Regards

Ian

pjbowman

• View Profile
Aceca fuel level sender
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 00:23:32 »
Ian - well done, thanks! I went out, removed the spare, pulled up the carpet, and found an access hole for the sender unit, as well as one for the fuel line. I had looked under the carpet before, but hadn't pulled the carpet far enough back previously to locate the access hole. NOw that I can get to it, I'll pull it out and see if that's my problem. And thanks for the note on the interchangeability - that may come in very handy!

Peter
Peter B.