Author Topic: What happened to all the spare parts?  (Read 2630 times)

DWR46

• View Profile
What happened to all the spare parts?
« on: June 08, 2008, 17:25:51 »
I am new to the forum. Just wanted to ask what happened to all the spare parts stock at Autokraft when the business failed. Surely the parts are somewhere.

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 22:06:48 »
Autokraft parts were taken by the "AC Car Group Ltd" circa 1996......now ,what has happened to them after the last "failure" (Malta)?

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 22:35:41 »
All the pre-MkIV / CRS / Ace Brooklands spares were sold to Brian Eacott, who is one of our advertisers.  There are a few anecdotes that spares were periodically scrapped at both the Thames Ditton and Brooklands works, but Brian preserved everything possible when he took over the older parts.

DWR46

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 23:45:57 »
Thanks for the information about the pre-MarkIV spares. My interest is in sources for MarkIV spare parts, though I do not need anything right now, you never know what will happen in the future. In the 1992-94 time era, I was able to buy lots of items to upgrade AK 1137 directly from Autokraft.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:55:36 »
I would hazard a guess that very few spares remained in stock when the Malta works closed, but would welcome correction on this matter if there is firmer information out there.  Some spares have been in short supply for a while - Alan Faulkner-Stevens organised some replacement throttle cables quite recently.