AC Owners Club Forum > AC Weller Engine

Spark plugs

<< < (3/6) > >>

mmouss:
Thank you Keith for all those informations. My head has 14 mm plug threads.

Unfortunately, the plugs are not anymore my main concern with my engineā€¦ :-\

administrator:
Ouch!

Robin A Woolmer:
I thought i should let you know what plugs we now use on my new engines & heads, these are 14mm thread but a long series but the heat ranges can be used for reference, They Are NKG LFR5A & LFR6A, you should need 1/2" long threads Short thread type!
For reference the Saloon general instructions quote Lodge C14 plugs

I am sure a good Motor Factor can help you but The Green Plug Company should assist anyway

Robin   

mmouss:

--- Quote from: administrator on September 11, 2019, 09:09:58 ---Yes, 18mm thread.  Engine number is UMB 6 1/2 646, as far as I can see the last "pre-war" AC engine.   I presumed that pre-war heads used 18mm threads as I'm sure 615 also has 18mm threads.  I believe some owners fit adapters to reduce the threads to 14mm.

--- End quote ---

In fact, I suspect my engine marked UMB 386 would be a post war one as the plugs are 14 mm and the bolt securing the front pulley is left hand threaded...

Robin A Woolmer:
You may have a Post War head fitted to your engine, the best way to find out which period your head is is from the drilling formation on the front of the head!
PVT Cars all had 18mm plugs to my knowledge all Post War engines /Heads have 14mm plugs!
To determine if you have a PVT or Post War engine fitted you determine which way the front feet are facing, all PVT & Vintage engines have what is called ' Cats Paw Feet ' mountings forward of the engine block, Post War engines have side mounting front feet each side of the block just rearward of the block front!
If you have a 16/80 you should have Cats Paw engine mounting!

Robin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version