AC Owners Club Forum > Ace 'Brooklands' Forum

Hood microswitches

<< < (3/3)

Max Allan:
The cover catch mechanism is accessed via the cockpit rear trim panel. The cover is removed by first removing the L/H & R/H quarter trim panels (held in by one screw per side accessed with the hood cover open. Once screws are removed slide panels forward to release them where they clip to body door shuts. The rear vertical panel is held in by two screws concealed under the rear edge of the carpet. Once removed, lift panel vertically to release it from two retaining clips located towards the upper part of the panel (easier with hood cover open).   
The catch mechanism also incorporates the micro switch which signals ecu the cover is released and can begin hood operation.
On my car the hydraulic ram micro switches are located internally in the offside (R/H) ram bodies.

Hope that helps. Max

manxlowflyer:
Mine is a little different, the quarter trim panels are the same but the rear trim panel is slotted onto brackets at the top and bottom attached to a metal plate shielding the fuel tank. Once the trim is removed, at the top of the metal plate there are 4 slotted screws and one bolt (which has a thick spacer behind) to be removed and 2 screws with upholstery washers which go through the carpet at the bottom. When this plate is removed the fuel tank is exposed as well as the solenoid release for cover unlocking. Whilst the tank was exposed I found that the flange bolts for tank sender etc. required nipping up too, hopefully this will cure the slight whiff of fuel I have been smelling.

paho:
I promised to post a picture of the dip stick I made for the hydraulic oil tank on the roof pump, but covid and the installation of a new kitchen got in the way.
Unfortunately the marks I made don't show up very clearly, so I have measured it and its 3cm to the "full mark" on the tank. I tried to double check this yesterday
and it seems correct but without removing the pump I can't be 100% sure as the level marks are hidden! (The reason why I made the dipstick!).

/Paho

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version