Author Topic: MKIV Front Inner Guard Support  (Read 2005 times)

Kiwi Cobra

• View Profile
MKIV Front Inner Guard Support
« on: October 31, 2011, 11:56:30 »
Hi All, I have an issue with both front inner guards above the centreline of the front wheels dropping down so that they can be seen hanginging below the guard arch. Obviously this is unsightly and causes the front wheels to rub on occasions. There doesn't seem to be any fixings at this point. Has anyone else suffered from this or found a solution please?, cheers, Steve.

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:49:23 »
Hi Steve, I'm not sure what's happened, but they should both be secured to the main chassis tubes by a bolt at their bottom inner-most edge, plus two bolts at the rear bottom edge that secure into the bottom of the panels that make up the footbox.  Then, about mid-way up each guard, again on the inner side, is another bolt hole, through which a bolt secures into the front suspension up-rights.

If you can take a wheel off and post a photo it would help to diagnose the problem / pin-point your (missing) screws.

Kiwi Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 06:22:52 »
Thanks Bruce, I will take a closer look in the weekend and report back, although I'm pretty sure all fixings are in place and it is as though the inner guard has shrunk, causing it to drop slightly.