Author Topic: CRS/MK IV handbrake cable routing  (Read 2588 times)

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
CRS/MK IV handbrake cable routing
« on: May 06, 2012, 12:53:32 »
I am working on my CRS rear suspension replacing various rose joints that have wear,and noted the current set up has the handbrake cable to the caliper  routed on each side inbetween the rear anti roll bar and the bottom suspension link.
   My feeling is that it should be routed under the rear anti roll bar(ie nearer road). If placed in between it can restrict the travel.
   It may have been done this way to prevent wear on the cable housing.

Any concencus on routing from other owners?
   Regards,
   Graham

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 22:58:41 »
I think I can answer my own question.
   If the handbrake cable  went below the lower wishbone before the rear anti rollbar was fitted (i.e later fittment),then it should also go below the anti roll bar if fitting one.
   Interestingly this has brought up a debate on whether to have a rear antiroll bar at all for regular road use.
   I have found a supplier of quality rose joints at very good prices.
   http://mcgillmotorsports.co.uk/  Given the CRS have  a lot of rose joints the cost can mount up.

Graham

CRS9505

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 11:24:15 »
I took mine off after grounding it a couple of times - have not noticed any difference, but then I have no intention of taking it on a track or driving at 10/10ths on the highway[:)]

By the way yesterday at Donnington the club area comprised 1 CRS, 1 aceca, 1 ME, 1 Dax? and a superperformance coupe [:0]